Official GIGABYTE Forum

Buzzing sound

Mrpres

Buzzing sound
« on: November 30, 2019, 09:27:37 pm »
Hi

I recently built a new system (specs below)

For the first couple of weeks I had no issues, but a few days ago it started “buzzing” under load (when in games). It sounds like maybe cool whine but not sure. Why would it start to do that after a couple of weeks?  I have tried a different PSU as I thought that was where the sound was coming from but still had the issue. I think the sound is partly coming from the psu but also the pc (I can’t be sure). I even tried a third psu just in case but again the sound persists. I have disconnected all fans and hard drives one by one but again the sound is there. I set the bios back to default in case it was a voltage setting in my overclock but it made no difference.

I also have an issue where, In some windows applications I.e. Microsoft store, office, I cue and others, there is some mouse lag. The pointer stutters when dragging. If I click on the desktop it does the same for a couple of seconds before freezing for about one second and then it’s smooth again. If I click back into the window it starts to stutter again. I have reinstalled windows and have the latest updates and Nvidia driver.
Spec:
Aorus z390 pro WiFi
I5 9600k
RTX 2070
16GB 3200mhz ram

Any ideas?

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Re: Buzzing sound
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 04:22:39 pm »
Greetings,

You seem to have two things going on in your system environment.  Not sure if they are related.

What BIOS rev are you running?
Is your RAM on the QVL from your board?
What windows OS and Build?
What GPU drivers/version are you using?
What type of disk is the OS installed on, and how was it formatted?

**Use BIOS defaults while troubleshooting

App Center and Utilities - Are you using any Gigabyte Apps or utilities?
Are you using and 3rd party GPU overclocking apps Aferterburner or Precision (example) - These should also be disabled and/or uninstalled?

What peripherals do you have installed?
Wireless mouse/keyboard?
Other USB devices?
Any add-on cards?

Noise diagnosis.  Open the case, grab a empty paper towel roll and use it to isolate where the noise is coming from.  Posting a video for us to hear might also help.
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW