Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte Aorus Elite cannot run Crucial Balllistix BL2K8G36C16U4BL at 3600Mhz

nickv

latest F20 BIOS version, XMP is enabled, then settings are put in manually again as suggest on forum
it keeps running at 1333Mhz instead of 1800Mhz

I don't know what else I can try.

Fred155

lots of motherboards will fall back to SPD ram speed and timings if memory training fails... we need to test if that is the case.

reset bios to defaults if you haven't already tried that.
consider testing the ram with something like memtest - https://www.memtest86.com

then...

test 1:
then set the xmp as you have, which will set timings, speed, and voltage, but this time lower the ram speed to say 3200mhz and see if that works. If it does, then step it up in increments until it fails, and we'll see where it lands.

test 2:
set the uclk/mclk divider to 2:1 (i.e. uclk = mclk / 2), and test. This will tell you if the memory controller if being pushed too far, and we can work on that.

test 3:
set the fclk back to 1600mhz and test. This will decouple the 1:1:1 ratio between fclk, uclk, and mclk, so it's not optimal, but again this will tell us if we might be pushing the infinity fabric too far, and we can then work on that.

make sure when you do each of these tests, that all other aspects are default, except xmp enabled, so that we can target one piece at a time.

I'm not sure which aorus elite you have, so if you can post more detail it may or may not help...

There's plenty more we can try, once we know the above results.

Cheers

nickv

I believe I found it.

1) I have set everything in BIOS back to default
2) I enabled XMP
3) I gradually upped the system memory mulitiplier to 36 and then manually also forced Trc to 58
Giving me the following result (screenshot)

I believe this is ok now.

AgentFXA

• none
By my experience it takes about 2 weeks until the ram turns XMP reliable - until then step up ram speed weekly unless it fails.
X570 Aorus Elite Wifi / Ryzen 2700x / Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900 XT Gaming OC 20G Graphics Card / 16 GB HyperX Predator 3200 / SeaSonic 850W / Tt View 71 TG / Win10x64