Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte G1 Sniper B6 Spread Spectrum

Gigabyte G1 Sniper B6 Spread Spectrum
« on: April 26, 2021, 12:23:24 pm »
this board has the option to disable spread spectrum but i cannot for the life of me get it out of auto mode, there was one time when i made some changes to the bios and was able to select disabled for spread spectrum i also made some other changes and when i re-booted into the bios it had set spread spectrum to auto and i have not been able to change it since, i have reset bios to defaults but still no luck. Anyone know this board that is able to instuct me on how to disable spread spectrum?

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Re: Gigabyte G1 Sniper B6 Spread Spectrum
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 04:51:28 pm »
this board has the option to disable spread spectrum but i cannot for the life of me get it out of auto mode, there was one time when i made some changes to the bios and was able to select disabled for spread spectrum i also made some other changes and when i re-booted into the bios it had set spread spectrum to auto and i have not been able to change it since, i have reset bios to defaults but still no luck. Anyone know this board that is able to instruct me on how to disable spread spectrum?

Greetings,
Over-clocking is the only reason I can see for wanting to disable Spread Spectrum in BIOS. 

So tell us what you CPU and memory combination you have now and what you are hoping to achieve with it?

What BIOS Rev are you running?

Tip: Your ability to [Disable] Spread Spectrum might be influenced by one or more other settings in BIOS related to CPU or memory.  It might also be tied to hardware (which we don't know what you have now).

Consider the following:
If your over-clock goal is less than 500Mhz...  you will not see ANY improvement in frame rates, or gaming performance.

A higher end GPU and SSD will yield the highest possible performance gains.

Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

Re: Gigabyte G1 Sniper B6 Spread Spectrum
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 02:33:32 am »
this board has the option to disable spread spectrum but i cannot for the life of me get it out of auto mode, there was one time when i made some changes to the bios and was able to select disabled for spread spectrum i also made some other changes and when i re-booted into the bios it had set spread spectrum to auto and i have not been able to change it since, i have reset bios to defaults but still no luck. Anyone know this board that is able to instruct me on how to disable spread spectrum?

Greetings,
Over-clocking is the only reason I can see for wanting to disable Spread Spectrum in BIOS. 

So tell us what you CPU and memory combination you have now and what you are hoping to achieve with it?

What BIOS Rev are you running?

Tip: Your ability to [Disable] Spread Spectrum might be influenced by one or more other settings in BIOS related to CPU or memory.  It might also be tied to hardware (which we don't know what you have now).

Consider the following:
If your over-clock goal is less than 500Mhz...  you will not see ANY improvement in frame rates, or gaming performance.

A higher end GPU and SSD will yield the highest possible performance gains.

i am not overclocking but the system is used as a audio system for high end hi-fi that has windows server 2012R2 as the operating system which has been optimized with audiophile optimizer 3.0, in the setup instruction it is advised to turn off spread spectrum for improved sound, this is the reason i wish to disable it, also for some reason this motherboard does not have BCLK settings?
as to my system i am using
4790K cpu
G Skill  F3-12800CL9-4GBXL x 2 (16GB total) but they are not from a 16GB kit and for some reason i can only boot into the system(bios + windows) if i increase ram voltage to 1.6v if i remove 2 sticks of ram then it will boot with the stock 1.5v so i had to use 2 sticks too boot into bios and then up the voltage to 1.6v then insert the other 2 sticks and it works.
Samsung 850 evo 500GB
i  have hyper threading turned off as well as all of the power stepping settings
on board audio and graphics are also disabled. Anther thing i noticed is that the BCLK is at 99.77 and not 100 which would be ideal for my purposes.
i will say that i updated the bios from F3 + some other numbers i cant remember to just F3(from the official Gigabyte site) it was maybe 3 months later than what was on it. i did not clear the cmos after as it is a bit of a pain getting to the jumper plus i have to remove sticks of ram and so on and so on.
disabling spread spectrum is not a matter of life and deat but the option is there and i cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn it off, gigabyte have told me they are looking to see if a custom bios update to force it to disable is possible but what if i don't like what it does to the sound(if anything). this is a duel boot system with windows 10 i have set the setting back to default under the standard windows 10 install to see if the option become available but no go.
Sorry for the book but trying to give as much info as i can if i missed anything just let me know