Official GIGABYTE Forum

Aorus 17X XB cannot update graphics driver without screen flickering

I have the above 17X XB laptop with RTX 2070 super GPU. I have to say, I love it. Apart from one thing.

I have updated the graphics driver a few times with no issue. Until I tried updating past 452.06. As soon as I did that, I end up with random screen flickering, lines, etc. No matter which driver I try to use after 452.06, I get this behaviour, yet when I completely remove all drivers and reinstall 452.06, it displays perfectly.

I've tried searching nVidia pages for solutions, or even details on this, but nothing.

Has anyone here experienced this as well? Any solutions?

Re: Aorus 17X XB cannot update graphics driver without screen flickering
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 07:17:11 am »
I have the YB and have experienced the same issue, my graphics driver is from Sep 20 and it's getting long in the tooth. I did find a thread somewhere detailing disabling the Nahimic then installing the drivers but to no avail. Also happens on a fresh system install so I think this is something worth investigating by gigabyte.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 09:47:59 pm »
I have the YB and have experienced the same issue, my graphics driver is from Sep 20 and it's getting long in the tooth. I did find a thread somewhere detailing disabling the Nahimic then installing the drivers but to no avail. Also happens on a fresh system install so I think this is something worth investigating by gigabyte.

I've only just seen this reply.

I did the 471.41 graphics driver update a couple of days ago, and the behaviour was much better than before. But still, after a period of time, screen glitches again, and a roll back to 452.06.

However, I have disabled Nahimic, and am away to try 471.41 again. Will see if it makes any difference for me.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 05:00:11 pm »
Nope. Didn't make any difference. Back to 452.06.