Official GIGABYTE Forum

Saving Bios Settings

Arnak

Saving Bios Settings
« on: September 23, 2021, 09:54:06 pm »
Hi,

Just a quick question, is it possible to save the bios settings on a Z490-Plus Gaming motherboard, please?

I cannot see a way to do that in the manual.

If so how do I do that?

Thanks,

Martin

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Saving Bios Settings
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 02:50:17 am »
It is on page 24 "Chapter 2 BIOS Setup" once you are in the Bios <F8> Access the Q-Flash utility. In there it should give the option to backup your bios.

Or if you just want to save the bios setup you can save it to a profile and then save that to a flash drive.

Page 42: 

Save Profiles
This function allows you to save the current BIOS settings to a profile. You can create up to 8 profiles and save as Setup Profile 1~ Setup Profile 8. Press <Enter> to complete. Or you can select Select File in HDD/FDD/USB to save the profile to your storage device.

Load Profiles:
If your system becomes unstable and you have loaded the BIOS default settings, you can use this function to load the BIOS settings from a profile created before, without the hassles of re-configuring the BIOS settings. First select the profile you wish to load and then press <Enter> to complete. You can select Select File in HDD/FDD/USB to input the profile previously created from your storage device or load the profile automatically created by the BIOS, such as reverting the BIOS settings to the last settings that worked properly (last known good record).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 02:59:37 am by dmdilks »
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.