Official GIGABYTE Forum

Can I get spare io shields?

Can I get spare io shields?
« on: December 31, 2021, 09:19:37 am »
I need some spare io shields specifically for the H510m S2H V2 motherboard. I can’t find them anywhere to purchase online. I have bought several of these boards that the supplier failed to provide the shields for, but they were too good a deal to just send back.

I have logged a ticket about this on the Gigabyte support system but I’m not even sure it was the right category etc. because the whole process was very convoluted.

What can I do please?

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Re: Can I get spare io shields?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 02:19:01 pm »
Greetings,
In my experience, these are typically very hard or impossible to come by from the manufacturer.  Its not considered an accessory, so they are not normally stocked independently of a board.  eBay is a possibility, but again, you'll probably have someone wanting to sell their board, not an I/O shield.

The supplier is responsible.  Some deals are not "so good" that they shouldn't be passed up.  If it is, then you'll have to accept the missing part or return it.  MB's are not something I ever buy used.  The amount of money you might have saved, is not worth the time, energy or what you are going through now to save a few bucks.

I hope you find one, but it's not going to be easy.   
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

Re: Can I get spare io shields?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 06:08:37 pm »
Thanks for the response. They were removed from new PCs and sold separately. The seller thought the io shields were included but it now looks like they sold the PC cases separately and the shields were accidentally shipped out with the cases instead of the boards. I don’t mind too much as I paid really very little for the motherboards and they are great items, but the io shield thing is annoying.

I was looking at some 3D printed universal ones that you cut to fit. Anyone had any experience of these and are they any good to use?

Thanks