Official GIGABYTE Forum

Better

matta

Better
« on: May 03, 2009, 10:50:08 pm »
Upgrading my ASUS M2A-VM based HTPC so I need a mATX board with HDMI output for Blu-ray playback and preferably S/PDIF output. Some basic gaming *might* be played. Which chipset would be my best bet?

AMD 780G + SB700
AMD 780G + SB710
AMD 790GX + SB750
NVIDIA GeForce 8100
NVIDIA GeForce 8200

Other than having better graphics cards, what other benefits would the high chipsets provide? I have always had better luck with ATI drivers when it came to TV output, is this still the case?

m00se

Re: Better
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 04:24:33 pm »
I have always had better luck with ATI drivers when it came to TV output, is this still the case?
There are some problems with the combination of HDMI on an ATI card and the "handshake" with some televisions. Nvidea doesn't seem to have these problems.

What kind of television do you own? I have a Toshiba, and it doesn't work (yet). I've seen a lot of topics about this on the internet and also some Samsungs (only few models) and a few others have this problems.

Whitehot

Re: Better
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 01:59:50 pm »
I would go with the 780G SB700.  I built a system with the GA-MA78GPM-DS2H, blue ray play back was ace

If your do need more Gaming capability then the 790 is probably the baby your after.

::)

Sorry for all the strange text, just trying a few more of the options out :)