Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-770TA-UD3: Slow(er) USB2 and LAN

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-770TA-UD3: Slow(er) USB2 and LAN
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 11:22:04 am »
I agree it could be drivers and I would suspect the Nvidia ones but, I have also come across similar situations with network cards on the PCI slots causing these issues as well.

It is really a process of elimination and the easiest, and cheapest, is to try removing the network card. It doesn't cost anything and, if the problem is still there, you will know it isn't that.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

zeroo

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 12:52:07 pm »
Since my last replay I was trying what you suggested. Disabled eveything I could in Device Manager, took out the LAN but it din't help. Also, disabled the HPET in BIOS, but no luck. Finally I replaced the video card with my old one, and now I listen to the music for more than half an hour and there is no crackle. However, when I open or close some apps sometimes I get this yellow bar:

BTW it looks like I'm unable to install the motherboard driver. When I start the ATI Catalyst installer it gives me the option to install the North Bridge Filter
Driver. After installation I reboot the computer but there is an empty c:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ folder. When I start the installer again it offers me to install the same, and at the bottom there is a message: Current Version not installed.

zeroo

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 01:21:30 pm »
Yes, this is definitely a NVIDIA <-> Gigabyte issue.
I found this post:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=326155
They say it was discussed about that matter here but I can't find it. Also, they say only the Intel boards are affected.

Will try to get some info there, too.

More than a hour without crackle now with 8600gt.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2010, 01:26:10 pm »
Yes there were some problems a while ago about the nVidia cards drivers and the motherboards although I can't actually remember the outcome. Try doing a search of the older threads.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2010, 01:29:04 pm »
There have been similar problems on the AMD boards too but, trying to find some things on the forum can be very difficult.

As I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if your problems are due to your choice of Graphics Card and because of issues I had a couple of years ago with Nvidia Drivers I switched to ATI. Not much help in solving your problems I'm afraid but I don't recall a positive outcome from anyone who has encountered this, other than the fact that they swapped their Graphics Cards.

Not sure why you can't install the Northbridge Driver through ATI's Catalyst Control unless it is having issues with the Nvidia stuff you have already installed.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.