Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte EX-58-EXTREME

Gigabyte EX-58-EXTREME
« on: August 23, 2010, 04:19:17 pm »
Hi there....I'm from india and i own a Gigabyte EX-58 EXTREME which was purchased about a year ago....a few weeks ago i started having a problem where the motherboard kept on restarting...i contacted my local service centre on 17 August 2010 and submitted the board on the same day...

I visited the same service centre on 23 August 2010 as per the confirmation from the phone call that my replacement had arrived. At the service centre i was offered the Gigabyte EX-58 UD4 m/b....

However, i had refused to take the replacement after which an assistant manager - sales on behalf of Gigabyte (Mr. Arnab Chatterjee) tried to help me out regarding the same....

He requested me to take the UD4 as a stand by and wait for the extreme or a worthy replacement to arrive...

I would like some clarification if the obvious downgrade is the standard company policy of gigabyte as i had an RMA problem with Tagan where they did not have my PSU (BZ-800) and replaced the same with a BZ-900???

I have sent an e-mail to the Assistant Manager referred above at his e-mail id 'arnabc@gigabyte.in' today. The contents of the mail is as given below:

Dear Arnab,

As per the discussion we had, I am forwarding you this mail.

I had submitted my Gigabyte EX-58-EXTREME motherboard to Digicare Service Centre on 17 August 2010 since the same was having some restarting problems. On 23 August 2010 I was requested to pickup the replacement for the motherboard as per confirmation on the phone conversation I had earlier that day.

At the service centre I was offered the Gigabyte EX-58 UD4 motherboard as the replacement which I refused to accept. However, as per Mr. Arnab Chatterjee's request I had accepted the UD4 motherboard as a Stand-by until the time it takes for my replacement motherboard (the same or a higher model) to arrive. Further, a verbal promise by Mr. Chatterjee was give to me that the replacement would be a Gigabyte EX-58 A-UD7.

I sincerely appreciate Mr. Chatterjee's effort in solving the problem to my satisfaction and also hope that a satisfactory conclusion can be achieved for the same at the earliest.

--
Abhishek Bhattacharya

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Gigabyte EX-58-EXTREME
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 04:23:57 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum. I would say as long as Gigabyte or their representatives stick to their side of the agreement then that is fair and you have nothing to complain about. ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 04:39:46 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum. I would say as long as Gigabyte or their representatives stick to their side of the agreement then that is fair and you have nothing to complain about. ;)

Thanks for the welcome mantis. I sincerely hope that the problem is solved at the earliest. I expected that the solution arrived later on should have been the first one to be implemented so that the customer does not have to spend twice the amount of time for a replacement.

I dont really want to make gigabyte look bad by saying this, but when i went through the RMA procedure for Tagan, it was very simple. I was contacted (instead of the other way around) stating that my replacement was not available. Further, the executive had informed that he will replace mine with a higher version and that was the end.

All that took just 5 days. I expect a lot from Gigabyte (as i have had 3 motherboards from gigabyte previously and currently have 2 as well) and i hope that the company looks after their loyal customers.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 05:01:37 pm »
I am afraid to say that the Gigabyte customer service in general leaves a lot to be desired. They tend to be slow and are anything but informative. Our Gigabyte moderator on the forum here, runn3R, does his best and works hard trying to pull as many strings as possible and without his help a lot more wouldn't get done. We on the forum try to make up for the company's lacking by giving a good, fast service.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 05:06:00 pm »
I am afraid to say that the Gigabyte customer service in general leaves a lot to be desired. They tend to be slow and are anything but informative. Our Gigabyte moderator on the forum here, runn3R, does his best and works hard trying to pull as many strings as possible and without his help a lot more wouldn't get done. We on the forum try to make up for the company's lacking by giving a good, fast service.

Then i just hope that the person who had said 'One person can make a lot of difference' is very true for my sake....