HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Re: GA-880GMA-UD2H RAM compadibility
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 04:35:40 pm »
Omg... BSOD is like a black hole. Can be caused be absolutely everything?

HD is WD blue caviar 500gb and DVDRW is Optiarc (i guess the less expensive one), keyboard is an old microsoft one (http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/23-109-164-03.jpg)
 and mouse Logitech MX400 Laser Mouse USB.

Were the keyboard and mouse supposed to be a joke? Anyway....

You know everything now.... I feel naked now (i am coooold)...

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 04:44:40 pm »
No the mouse and keyboard were not a joke, I have re-built  a complete PC only to find out that the mouse was the cause of the problem! That was one very expensive lesson.  :'(

When you get back home and feel warm enough to attempt tackling your PC. Try what I suggested about disabling the on-board graphics. If we try things one at a time we might sort the problem out without RMA's or spending too much money! ;)

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 04:52:42 pm »
I am always warm for this kind of stuff but i have already spend 5 days with no result. I am far from expert and self timing the ram and flashing new BIOS was a bit extreme for me. Easy things to do but if something goes wrong you have zero ideas what to do next.

When i updated my BIOS i was asked a question about the hd i think about SATA or different format. i got no idea because timer was 9 sec. I pressed yes (for reasons unknown) and i ended up with ''Error cannot load operating system''. I had to smoke 2 ciggarets before i tried again.... Good thing i had the old bios saved but this are the small things that can become big if you are no expert.

I am off for now. I ll go home, to disable the mobo graphs, unplug dvd rw and pray  and test ram individually on slot 1.
I will come back with results but i dont feel confident...

Prime95 blend will be the test.

PS: I have also tested ram at 1066 with auto settings (8-8-8-20) with no results.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:54:18 pm by The Greek »

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 05:20:44 pm »
When i updated my BIOS i was asked a question about the hd i think about SATA or different format. i got no idea because timer was 9 sec. I pressed yes (for reasons unknown) and i ended up with ''Error cannot load operating system''. I had to smoke 2 ciggarets before i tried again.... Good thing i had the old bios saved but this are the small things that can become big if you are no expert.
OK now that is an important piece of information.

If you are running your Hard drives in AHCI Mode that could be the cause of your BSOD's. I have had exactly the same issues with my western digital drives and have to run the SATA controllers in Native IDE mode. It will be worth checking how the SATA controllers are set in BIOS. If they are running in AHCI mode it would be better to switch them to Native IDE but it will probably require you to reinstall the OS.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 11:58:22 pm »
Job done (hopefully)

I checked the one stick of ram and it performed good while the other failed immediately all tests. Will be returning it asap!

Special thanks to absic115 for all the care and support!!!!

The thread can be considered closed, at least for now... heheh!

Cheers! Awesome support in no time!

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 09:42:20 am »
Pleased to have been able to help and you know where we are if any further problems arise.  :P