Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte MotherBoard which supports AMD Phenom™ II X6 Black 1090T Processors

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Also, with both boards the small PCI_e X1 slot, above the graphics card will still be available should you really need to use it.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

jack

Hi Absic,

Great man looks like you guys are full time into motherboards and hardcore geeky stuff. I am i will sure i will go as per your guidance only mate.

Thanks a million for making my life a lot easier.

Just to summarize the PCI slots in the GA-770TA-UD3 motherboard.

1. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (The PCI Express x16 slot conforms to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)

2. 2 x PCI Express x1 slots

3. 4 x PCI slots

With these I would be able to use all the 4 PCI slots available for my network cards and 1 graphics card in the PCI-Express X16 slot right.

Would i be able to use any of these slots (2 x PCI Express x1 slots) or they would be used by the graphics card. I mean can i use or add any more network cards in these available slots.

Kindly please let me know.

Thanks a million once again.

Jack

absic

• Bandcamp
Hi Jack

the PCIe X1 slot above the graphics card will be available. I don't really see an issue with using it as the impact on the bandwidth shouldn't affect things too much, unless of course, you go really overboard with what you try and do with it.

As you can see from the GA-770TA's block diagram the PCIe X1 slot will use the same chip as the graphics card and also the on-board LAN. Of course, as previously mentioned, you would only be able to use the one above the graphics card and this might limit you depending on the width of the card you wish to install.

The 4 PCI slots all pass through the Southbridge Chip.

As you are not intending to do any high end graphics you shouldn't encounter any problems by adding another PCIe X1 network card into this slot but, that doesn't mean you won't!  :o

You may encounter a few issues if you try and pass too much through the Southbridge though and I would think disabling as many of the on-board features such as Floppy, sound, firewire, COM port etc., would help with the bandwidth. I would also think carefully about the amount of HDD's you are going to install as this will also impact on available resources. Maybe 1 DVD/CD writer and 1 HDD for the OS if you can get away with just that.

If I were going to configure the PC, I would probably have the DVD/CD Writer attached to one of the SATA2 ports and the main OS HDD attached to one of the Marvell ports. I would also disable the USB 3.0 ports unless you are really going to need them for external storage or something.

As I mentioned before, you really don't need to go overboard with the graphics card as you are not going to be doing any graphic intensive things and I would probably go for one of the ATI 4*** GPU's as the drivers are now pretty well established and they tend to be fairly solid cards.

Not sure if I really appreciate the comment about being a motherboard and hardcore Geek though, but I'm sure I can live with the tag!!  :D
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Not sure if I really appreciate the comment about being a motherboard and hardcore Geek though, but I'm sure I can live with the tag!!

Well at least he didn't call you a guru ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

absic

• Bandcamp
!
looks like you guys are full time into motherboards and hardcore geeky stuff.

DM, Jack called both of us GEEKS! :o

1Day

• Bencher
Where there is smoke and all that... ;D ;D
“In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them.”

John von Neumann

absic

• Bandcamp
But I gave up smoking too!!!  :D

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
And after we helped him too >:( Just no being nice to some people ::)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

jack

Guys you have been really helpful especially absic  seriously guys without your help i would have been really confused about what to buy.

Thanks a ton man.

By the way i got to stick to my statement that absic you are a real geek man and a real pro in your knowledge in this domain hats off man.

Thanks & Regards

Jack

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
Ah! He got you there absic(not a mention of me this time) ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

absic

• Bandcamp
Nuff said!  :P
Do I get a BIG badge or something? ???

jack

hahahah if there was a batch that i could send it across to you surely i would have sent it across man.

Regards

Jack

absic

• Bandcamp
Good luck with your build Jack.

Any problems you know where we are and don't forget to let us know how you get on.  :D

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
Nuff said!  :P
Do I get a BIG badge or something? ???

To be honest I think it's time you got the Gold Stars ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

absic

• Bandcamp
Yes, you got 3 of them at 1000 posts but I guess runn3R can't keep up with us.  :'(