Official GIGABYTE Forum

880ga-ud3h single sata hdd

bewts

880ga-ud3h single sata hdd
« on: October 01, 2010, 06:05:50 am »
Hey guys sorry for the noob question. How do I setup a single sata hdd to install my OS on? Its a WD Black 1TB 6Gb/sec. The manual is pretty vauge on how to do a single sata hdd.

My computer was supposed to be ready to use but it had no OS loaded or anything....any help would be great

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: 880ga-ud3h single sata hdd
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 08:52:17 am »
Hi there,

Your best option would be to attach the SATA drive to one of the SATA3 connectors on the Motherboard, it doesn't really matter which one you attach it to, so don't worry. Make sure the SATA Channels are set for Native IDE in BIOS and that is all you really need to do. You can then load your OS.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

bewts

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 01:49:11 pm »
Pretty sure I've tried this and windows can't find the hard drive. My mobo disc only has ACHI and RAID drivers for win7 64bit, do I need to download a different driver or something?

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 01:52:45 pm »
Hi again,
no you don't need to download any drivers if you are installing in IDE mode. The problem could be that the Hard-drive needs to be initialised first and is something I have come across before, especially with Windows 7.
Can you put your new HDD into another PC to initialise and format it before trying to install Windows again?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

bewts

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 02:37:44 pm »
Well the hdd bounced out of the contacts during transport I guess. Everything is working 100% thanks for the replys

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 02:39:42 pm »
Ah, a simple solution. Pleased you've sorted it and hopefully no more problems.