Official GIGABYTE Forum

ga-ma785gm-us2h support for triple monitors

dk4210

ga-ma785gm-us2h support for triple monitors
« on: October 15, 2010, 03:27:26 pm »
Hello Guys,

I have the motherboard model - ga-ma785gm-us2h and I am currently running duel monitors on my video card. I would like to hook my third monitor up to the onboard video vga port. Is there a way to do that? Do I have to enable something in the bios or perhaps a bios update..

Please advise

Thanks, Dan

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: ga-ma785gm-us2h support for triple monitors
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 03:57:19 pm »
Hi there,

you don't say what Graphics Card you are currently using so It's a little hard to say for certain if what you are trying to do is actually achievable.

If you are running  an ATI Card then you might be able to run 3 monitors by enabling the on-board graphics chip but I'm not certain as I have never tried this. If you can, after enabling the on-board graphics you will have to play with the ATI Catalyst Control Centre. By default it will probably switch to crossfire mode so you will need to disable this option and then try to set up your 3 monitors.

If you are running an NVidia card then you won't be able to.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

dk4210

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 04:02:02 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply..

I have the following video card installed - ATI Radeon 4350

Not sure about the onboard video. I enabled something in the bios called UMA.. Not sure If that was correct or not..Any ideas?

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 04:03:20 pm »
Hi
do you know the revision number of your motherboard so I can download the correct manual and look up the necessary settings?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

dk4210

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 04:10:49 pm »
I have rev 1.0

Thanks, Dan

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 04:21:07 pm »
Hi dan,

In BIOS you need to set:
Internal Graphics Mode to UMA
Surround View from Disabled to Enabled
Onboard VGA Support - AUTO

If you haven't updated your BIOS it might be worth considering as a newer version might offer better compatibility with your hardware.

As I said before, I don't know if you will have any success but the above BIOS settings are the ones you will need so that you can try it out.

dk4210

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 04:32:40 pm »
Thanks for your help.. I will give it a try..

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 04:35:07 pm »
Well, good luck and let us know how you get on as I'm interested to know if you can run 3 monitors this way.