Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-870A-UD3 reboot issue.

GA-870A-UD3 reboot issue.
« on: November 01, 2010, 08:29:19 pm »
Hi first time poster, long time gigabyte user. Anyway, my personal rig uses the 790fx, my son uses the 790gx and my clients use the 790x and P55-usb3 boards. Now I bought the UD3 for my bedroom since I've loved the others before her. but it shipped with the F2 bios and I was getting a steady beep constantly, like an error code. Once I updated the bios to F3 the beep stopped, but whenever I reboot from win7 pro 64bit, it will not reboot and I end up having to power off the rig  and power up again inorder to reach the bios screen and  boot up. I'm using the 555BE and it unlock before the bios update, hasn't since.. not to worried about it. I also use WD 1tb sataIII 6 gb/s hard drive. gskill 1333 w/7 latency 2x2gigs in white slots, blue work to, just ended up there after some trouble shooting, they can be used there or blue. Also.....it would not reboot with the F2 bios either. Thanks all inadvance

Ok, it does reboot if I walk away for about 5 mins. The never ending beep/high pitched whine is back. Power supply? I'm using an antec 430w
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:03:48 pm by absic »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-870A-UD3 reboot issue.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 12:03:08 pm »
Hi there,

A couple of questions I'm afraid.
What revision is your Motherboard?
What are your make and model of keyboard and mouse are you using and are they wireless USB?
What other USB peripherals do you have plugged in and switched on at BOOT?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:04:04 pm by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

jolphil

Re: M870A-UD3 reboot issue.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 12:08:49 pm »
Hi,
That seems to be a random problem .. Off hand I would suggest the following..
First check to see that all the components are seated properly including the power plugs..
Then I would check the MB specs to see what rated PSU you unit needs..430w seems a bit light..
Lastly if one of the local experts here do not solve your problem then Google for clues..
Goodluck,
jolphil
Edit I see one of the local experts just sent a reply before this one finger typer..

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-870A-UD3 reboot issue.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 12:16:24 pm »
UPDATE:

Checking through the User's Manual on page 22 it says:
1/2) ATX_12V_2X4/ATX (2x4 12V Power Connector and 2x12 Main Power Connector)
With the use of the power connector, the power supply can supply enough stable power to all the components on the motherboard. Before connecting the power connector, first make sure the power supply is turned off and all devices are properly installed. The power connector possesses a foolproof design. Connect the power supply cable to the power connector in the correct orientation. The 12V power connector mainly supplies power to the CPU. If the 12V power connector is not connected, the computer will not start.
To meet expansion requirements, it is recommended that a power supply that can withstand high power consumption be used (500W or greater). If a power supply is used that does not provide the required power, the result can lead to an unstable or unbootable system.

As jolphil said, you could just be underpowered with your choice of PSU.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.