Official GIGABYTE Forum

Mobo Keeps Restarting

Mobo Keeps Restarting
« on: July 05, 2009, 10:27:32 pm »
Hi i have a Gigabyte Ga Ex58 mobo with a 920 chip. i was using the pc normally and it was working finer and then suddenly it just shut down.

when i tried to turn it back on it keeps turrning back off at random times but its allways before i can boot into the OS.

I tried clear CMOS, taking the motherboard and testing it outside i also tried to take off the ram sticks and only operate with one or 2 but its still the same problem.

P.S the code i get on the LCD screen is FF which is allways showing meaning is fine.

coco

Re: Mobo Keeps Restarting
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:57:51 am »
This happened to me with my last giga mobo. Turned out to be faulty ram.

Take out all but 1 ram stick and that one stick must be left in the first ram slot nearest the cpu. Try each stick individually until you find one that works.
Under bios, set ram to perform at 1.8v (well, that depends on the ram specs tbh, but use the rams lowest setting) so it doesnt overload itself.

good luck

FluX

• Don't blame me... it worked fine b4 you touched it
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 09:20:21 am »
Are you sure you havent recently installed or updated a driver?
Often if an incompatible or bad version of a driver is installed, it can cause the BSOD (Blue screen of Death) which isn't always displayed, as the machine tries to reboot to get past the problem.
I'm assuming its XP or Vista?
Try booting into safe mode, if you can do that, then its almost certainly a bad driver, and a system restore may be your answer.

andyr

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 04:27:25 pm »
I would try one stick of ram at a time ,but i thought for one stick it was the second slot from the cpu socket ?

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 09:58:57 am »
sounds to me like the boot looping problem... I thought this would be fixed in the newer boards... Its a nightmare i had with my ds3r i had to rma it...