Official GIGABYTE Forum

Why are some CMOS setting items darker than the others?

drkh

Why are some CMOS setting items darker than the others?
« on: November 15, 2010, 10:35:57 am »
Below is a screen capture of the CMOS settings for the GA-890GPA-UD3H mother board. (This screen is just an example with no paricular concern for any settings therein.)

I know that if a cross (X) appears to the left of a setting, such as those encircled in red in the above picture, that setting can not be modified unless another setting has been enabled first.

What I don't understand is why the color of some settings is darker than that of the others. For example, in the above picture, "NB Voltage Control" is darker than "SidePort Mem Volt Control".

Why is that? (No explanation in the manual)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 01:50:33 pm by drkh »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Why are some CMOS settings darker than the others?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 10:42:29 am »
Hi again,

unfortunately I can't see your picture but if I understand what you are asking then the reason is that the darker blue figures/items are either locked or the system default settings. The lighter blue figures/items are the ones that are unlocked and can be adjusted.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

drkh

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 11:05:19 am »
I modified my first post to attach the picture that you can't see. But please instruct me on how to insert the attached jpg to the position I want. Couldn't find instruction in "Help | Posting".

In the picture I present, the darker items are not in blue, but in grey.

This picture is taken from the mother board's manual, not taken from the monitor's screen at boot. Actually, I have not used this mother board. Only read the manual. So, maybe the darker items are, as you said, in blue when seen on a monitor's screen at boot. I don't know.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 11:18:48 am by drkh »

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 11:10:17 am »
Hi,

don't worry your picture position is fine but, if you want to move it just move the line of code into the body of text where you want it to appear.

The X's show that an item is locked and is being set automatically. If you change teh setting from AUTO to MANUAL the X will dissapear showing you that you can then alter the parameters.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 11:10:53 am by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

drkh

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 11:26:34 am »
Hi,

In the Modify edit window, Where is the "line of code" you're talking about?

I inserted the link of my attached picture, as follows, but only got the thumb nail of the picture.
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=3471.0;attach=495;image
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 11:58:54 am by drkh »

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 12:27:19 pm »
When you actually get into BIOS you will find that they are in light and dark blue as I described but are shown as shades of grey in the manual.

If you want to post images you might like to check out here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,22.0.html as this explains how to post images. If you want to test something out before you post it you can do so here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/board,20.0.html