Official GIGABYTE Forum

Your opinion about GIGABYTE matters

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Your opinion about GIGABYTE matters
« on: April 04, 2008, 03:11:05 pm »
Hi All

Feel free to share your opinion about GIGABYTE products there, no matter if good or bad one. We want to hear the truth from you, really. Go on !
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:01:43 am by runn3R »
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

Shen

Re: Your opinion matters
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 12:48:19 am »
I am a newbie that built his first pc using a Gigabyte 965p-ds4 board and I am thoroughly happy with the build. The only change I would suggest would be a change of gui for the easytune software as in all honesty, a simple interface would be far easier on the eyes as well as use.

Another thing of interest would be to incorporate some benchmarking program in the list of software for gigabyte builds. An alternative to the usual pcmark or studiomark would be very interesting.

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 08:25:49 am »
HI Shen

thank you very much for your comments. As for today you are the only one who can win 8800GT vga from Gigabyte, as there is no other posts for this subject yet. But i hope they will come soon. Take care !

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 08:50:41 am »
Well ive been using gigabyte for many years for all my motherboards all have been rock solid. but i do wish you guys would be more helpful with info on new products. also bios upgrades.(slowly waiting for Phenom 9850 BE bios support for my mobo)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ | GA-M57SLI-S4 (rev. 2.0) Bios FG | Crucial Ballistix 4GB DDR2 PC2-6400C4
BFG GeForce 8800 GT OC | Creative Labs X-FI Extreame Gamer | Hiper HPU-4K580-MK Type R 580W Modular ATX2.2 PSU

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 11:52:32 am »
Hi

what kind of info do you need about new products ?

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 01:34:30 pm »
Well Nforce 7 series for AMD after contacting gigabyte by phone they claimed not to be making any nforce 7 boards and week later photos are showing up on the web
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ | GA-M57SLI-S4 (rev. 2.0) Bios FG | Crucial Ballistix 4GB DDR2 PC2-6400C4
BFG GeForce 8800 GT OC | Creative Labs X-FI Extreame Gamer | Hiper HPU-4K580-MK Type R 580W Modular ATX2.2 PSU

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 02:21:25 pm »
also some sort of info todo with my question posted here http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,38.0.html

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 08:29:13 am »
Hi Antonyfrn

Thanks for provided opinion !

Rpg16

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 11:09:10 am »
I have a GA-M57SLI-S4 board and im just fine with it, it's stable and can be well overclocked (my RAM is the first to stop me from going :D).
The only bad is the chipset is cooled only by this pretty small passive radiator so it gets hot as hell (even in normal use), i had to place a fan near it to keep it normal during OC.

I still have some old Gigabyte Pentium2 boards too but they are too old, still one of them serves as a router. :P
Im an Estonian so my english is not that good :P
A State Of Trance

DJBenz

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 04:08:38 pm »
I just upgraded my PC from a Gigabyte GA-7N400PRO2 (yes, that old!) to a GA-MA770-DS3 and I was disappointed to find that the new board didn't come with expansion brackets like the original one did. Particularly disappointing was the lack of LPT bracket, as I have a parallel printer from years ago which still works extremely well.

Hunting around for these, they seem impossible to buy as a 'spare', so why Gigabyte don't include them in the box is a mystery (although I'm sure that keeping costs low is a contributing factor).

Anyway, other than that, I find GB products to be very well made and user friendly with impressive performance, so I'll remain a customer for some time (even if I don't get expansion brackets with my next board either  :D )

RuiPereira

• Who goes there?
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 04:42:10 pm »
Hey DJBenz,

LPT ports - AARRRHHH, through away your old printer and get yourself a USB one -  ;D

You right, cost factor, but that is not the main reason, we found that printers are now all USB.
The other reason is because we can - haha

Thx for your support.  ;)

DJBenz

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 09:33:31 am »
Maybe a little short sighted to say that all printers are USB? Granted, if you're buying a new printer you'd struggle to find one on a parallel connection, but printers tend to last many years and a lot of users still have their old parallel versions.

There are 42 users on this forum, 3 of them have requested help on getting the LPT bracket for their motherboard. That's 7% ;)

You still need to reply to my PM about the bracket, BTW.  ;D

Ice Tea

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 10:05:31 am »
With the price of DDR2 being so cheap it would be nice if the Gigabyte I-Ram / I-Box was upgraded to use DDR2 .

Ice Tea

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 11:15:34 am »
Sorry for the second post but i couldn't see a edit button to add comments to my previous post above .

Other things i'd like to see are .........

A dual motherboard built onto a single Atx form factor with a onboard KVM to switch between the two as alot of people now own more than one computer.

A server edition Matx board with at least 4 network sockets built in as standard so the server can be used as a switch or router without using onboard slots.

A Gigabyte passive silent Computer case with a Motherboard designed to fit the case where the CPU and Northbridge socket are on the back of the motherboard so as it is screwed down the CPU and NB chip press against the Motherboard tray that acts as the passive heatsink wiich in turn is attached to the outer sidepanel on the tray side for silent fanless cooling.

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 01:13:02 pm »
Hi All

Thanks for provided opinions.
The winners of the contest have been announced in this post:
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,26.msg203.html#msg203