Official GIGABYTE Forum

Your opinion about GIGABYTE matters

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
Re: Your opinion about GIGABYTE matters
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2010, 04:14:03 pm »
Hi gilgamesh

Thanks for your great feedback given earlier and now. Really appreciate.

I hope that you will soon have a chance to play with our new motherboards, maybe some from UD7 family.

sure please!

I will contact you via email from my oct addy on monday about this buddy. Have a nice weekend

gilgamesh
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 04:20:26 pm by gilgamesh »
www.overclockerstech.com , for the best in PC water cooling and hardware news

RatsAss

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 05:34:21 pm »
I have built two pc's for myself and both times used Gigabyte boards.

A friend recommended Gigabyte. I have had no issues at all with either board.

A quick bios flash and off to the races. ;)

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 04:52:45 pm »

Sorry another thing the kind of annoys me. The same old colour scheme. I know that costs a lot of money and I am not suggesting UV schemes such as DFI. What I am suggesting is a change. MY idea would be as follows

1 colour scheme for low-end boards
2: another for mid range
3: another for Top end

Or you could just do it for the top end. If a user purchases a top end board not only does it have to perform 'top-end' it has to LOOK top end, changing the colour scheme will help with this!

gilgamesh
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 04:59:44 pm by gilgamesh »
www.overclockerstech.com , for the best in PC water cooling and hardware news

crazycheese

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 08:32:33 pm »
GIgabyte should support other operating systems, especially linux.

Gigabyte seems to be the only mainboard manufacturer, that distributes his BIOS updates in form of self-extracting .EXE files, which run only on windows operating system. This is nonsense!

Thanks to 7z being crossplatform software, I was able to rename and extract the BIOS archive as a 7z archive.
While true that linux does not need any windows-like drivers(kernel.org takes care of this), the single needed point is ... BIOS upgrade.

BIOS upgrades(and any parts that are not bound to only one specification) should be present in form of crossplatform format. For example - zip, 7zip compressed format.
Or the FAQ and Manual should contain instructions how to convert the file.

Releasing BIOS firmware updates in form of .exe files is similar to:
- releasing electronical documentation in MSO2010 format, so nobody, but MSO2010 users can read it(right - PDF or RTF)
- releasing manual in chinese, since most people on earth are chinese.(right - english, even better - multilingual).

If you are interested, this is how to extract the firmware from .exe to put in on USB and flash via QFlash.
1) Install p7zip version 9.04 or higher
2) Rename biosfirmware.exe to biosfirmware.7z ("cp biosfirmware.exe biosfirmware.7z")
3) "p7zip biosfirmware.7z"

I was very very suprised in a bad way, that gigabyte does this. I have bought many gigabyte motherboards since 1995!

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2010, 12:57:26 pm »
Update your main website to show which boards are still produced and available. I tried for 2 months to try and source an sckt775 X48 board from new, all your distributers and re-sellers listed on your main page had ZERO stock.

Ended up having to buy a mid-range P45 board due to the higher spec one's also being unavailable anymore. And yes I contacted Gigabyte and that's when I got told you weren't making anymore.

That's the only thing I hate about companies, is that when new stuff gets launched they ASSUME everyone has money to burn and can upgrade everything to the latest stuff. The MAJORITY of households can't do this and upgrade what they can while using items which will still work with better MB's/CPU's etc.  Yet the old stock is only available in the lowest format they made :(

building 2nd comp
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 06:19:42 pm »
this is my second build. all my buds swear by gigabyte so figured id give you guys a go. Its a pretty board thats for sure. just waiting on my new memory and ill let ya know what i think. i know one thing already. these forums seem to be handled promptly and thats nice. hope to have great things to say tomorrow when my memory gets here.

hopper

Re: Your opinion matters
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 02:26:15 am »
I just upgraded my PC from a Gigabyte GA-7N400PRO2 (yes, that old!) to a GA-MA770-DS3 and I was disappointed to find that the new board didn't come with expansion brackets like the original one did. Particularly disappointing was the lack of LPT bracket, as I have a parallel printer from years ago which still works extremely well.

Hunting around for these, they seem impossible to buy as a 'spare', so why Gigabyte don't include them in the box is a mystery (although I'm sure that keeping costs low is a contributing factor).

Anyway, other than that, I find GB products to be very well made and user friendly with impressive performance, so I'll remain a customer for some time (even if I don't get expansion brackets with my next board either  :D )

Try www.shinyhardware.co.uk

That's where I got both serial and parallel backplates - could not get a backplate with both connectors unfortunately.

Parallel for legacy printer and serial essential for external modem for Linux. Need them for build using GA-870-UD3.

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 05:27:08 am »
I actually never once considered a Gigabyte motherboard until they switched from the blue PCB to the matte black version. This is a shallow way to go about it, I know, but aesthetics matter a lot to some people (me being one of them). Now that I've done a fair amount of research about Gigabyte, I have a lot of faith in almost all their products.

Hmmm, aside from that, I can't stand Gigabyte's shroud design on their video cards. Shallow, I know, but sometimes I like to stare at the interior of my computer case when I'm taking an AFK break during gaming sessions.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2011, 08:50:41 am »
Fair comments but it isn't possible to keep everyone happy as you know. Gigabyte did survey a lot of customers before changing the colour of their motherboards and most people seemed to prefer the black. There are of course still the standard Gigabyte Blue ones available too.

Regarding the graphics cards the shrouds are fairly standard across the business apart from the custom designed ones of which Gigabyte probably has more than most. You could of course always watercool the system to look great and be a lot quieter too!  ;D
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

StueyF

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2011, 06:50:34 pm »
Hi All

Feel free to share your opinion about GIGABYTE products there, no matter if good or bad one. We want to hear the truth from you, really. Go on !

In regards to the Gigabyte motherboards i find them very stable but on the other hand in future i would like to see someone from gigabyte create a bios that automatically does everything for you ie' overclock automatically and all hardware to be accepted-incorporate as many vendors for better compatibality- like the g1 assassin motherboard i noticed it has nearly everything you could ever need and the new line up of the z series also.
It seems there are more posts about bios hangups and settings going wrong not to mention that hardware failed to be recognised correctly.

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2011, 09:42:03 pm »
Hi

By it's very nature the BIOS is a tempremental beast. The trouble often is that by the time a BIOS has been tweaked and made absolutely right and running smoothly the motherboard is obsolete and some new board and BIOS is emerging for us to enjoy.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2011, 09:53:35 pm »
Gigabyte could add space for more fans in easytune, some of us do fill all the plug in for fans on the motherboard. just a suggestion.
Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P
AMD Phnome 2x4 955 Black 3.2GHz
G.Skill 8Gig (4x2Gig)DDR3 1333 Dual ch.10666CLD8D
XFX HD4870 1GB 256Bit DDR5
CORSAIR 850tx 850Watt Power Supply
Cooler Master HAF932 ATX Case
Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler
Samsung DVD Burner Sata W/DL/lightscribe
Pioneer DVD burner USB W/D

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2011, 10:14:43 pm »
Of course there are many people who would like more fan headers as well as places in EasyTune. The only thing I would advise is that you don't overload the circuit as some of these newer fans  can draw a fairly hefty current and it does happen that sometimes the headers can burn out.

I prefer to use a dedicated fan controller which I know is more than adequate for the job. It also gives me total control over the fans and other cooling devices.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Aussie Allan

• A yoyo uses all three fundermental laws of phisics
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2011, 11:45:45 am »

Totally agree with DM on that one .... Akasa make a 3 pot fan controller (10Watts per channel) with 2 USB sockets as a 3.5" bay add-on

£12.....bargain!.... I have my Rad 6x120mm fans running off just 2 channels for complete control......."I'm a Hovercraft no more" ;D

Aussie Allan
i7-4790K @4.8GHz 24/7 water clock
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage
C: Evo 970 Pro 512gb
Scratch:Evo 970 Plus 512gb

cyn003

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012, 08:58:13 am »
I am following this tread to check out what is said is true about GTSS support and keeping an open mind about it service.
I have open(24/3/2012) a ticket on my T1132N booktop recently and have check the status and nobody has read it yet.
Hope Gigabyte team don't disappoint me. Let's see if it matches its service.
BTW, I lodge the ticket at the Taiwan website..

Cheers
Cheers,
Ken