Official GIGABYTE Forum

Your opinion about GIGABYTE matters

Ice Tea

Re: Your opinion matters
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 11:17:46 pm »
Well done DJBenz and CL1NT0NB :)

The rest of us had better take note of the opinions they posted in this thread ( As stated in the rules to enter the competition ) so we know what makes a winner for future competitions   ;D :P
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:40:33 pm by runn3R »

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 11:09:28 am »
In my experience the Gigabyte prducts I've used have been very good.  Good build quality, performance, reasonable pricing and nice aesthetics (blue pcb just looks good, I saw a mobo with a brown pcb the other day and it was HORRIBLE).

The only major problem I've had with Gigabyte boards is the perennial power-up-power-down problem.  You know the fans-spin-up-fans-spin-down problem?  It hasn't happened in a while but it is absolutely infuriating when it does happen, not least because nobody in the world seems to know how to solve it.

I've taken PCs apart and re-assembled them countless times and eventually it just seems to work, or not.  No it's not my BIOS version or PSU or memory etc. etc. etc.  I've just got a new E8600 in install and am dreading the power-up-power-down problem that I fear will rear its ugly head again.  It's the only thing that makes me dubious about Gigabyte for i7.

Will report back on E8600 inatall :)

Badbonji

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 08:49:00 pm »
I have been using a Gigabyte Extreme X58 paired with a core i7 965 for 4-5 months now.
As for overclocking, couldn't be easier, and nice and stable with so little Vcore. I like the design and colours used, as blue being my favourite colour and matching my blue LED's of my antec 900.

Pros:
One of the best, free NB water block, high performing, easy to overclock.

Cons:
Price is high, but considering it is one of the best, takes a while to boot (turn on, off, on then POSTs)

Overall I would give it a 9/10 and am very happy with the purchase.
Core i7 965 @ 4.35Ghz 1.37Vcore
6Gb G.Skill 1600Mhz DDR3 @ 1740Mhz 8-8-8-20 1T
HIS HD5970 @ 800/1100
Gigabyte Extreme X58
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty
256GB M4 + 150GB Raptor
EK Supreme HF/GTX480/MCP655/EK Res :D

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 02:01:22 pm »

Hi Rezident & Badbonji

thanks for your opinions.

@Rezident:
you can make separate post about "power-up-power-down (fans-spin-up-fans-spin-down) problem" in this section of our forum: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/board,5.0.html or contact with our FAEs through GGTS system under this link: http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw/tech.asp?ClassID=2&Country={UK}&SourceWeb=B2C
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 11:41:27 am »
The only company to not make me wait 2-9months to get me replacement hardware - even if it's old and been sitting on my shelf for a long time :P

Gigabyte - the best bang per buck for building my systems with whilst giving great performance and features! (Mainly using the 770-UD3, P43-S3L atm)

Gigabyte - people who speak English!!! And can reply in English!!! AND ARE HELPFULL!!!

Unlike these people at a certain company...

So sorry for all your waiting time, I will contact the UK department immediatelly to ask them dispose this case as soon as they can.
Apologize again.

Best regards and have a nice day!

........ I just stared at this email for about 5 mins then posted it on every magazine forum I could find - like, WTF? I have been waiting 2 wks and spent £50 on phone calls to get this as a response?

Gigabyte are like, "Oh, we're sorry your product didn't work, we will ship a replacement as soon as posisble" and a week later after sending mine away I have a lovely new 1. Sure beats the 9 months it took to get that specific case sorted...

~Bex

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009, 04:16:28 pm »
hey, tis topic proves really fruitful for mi various probs as the links u hav posted relates overlocking and giga-byte makes me relaxed. Thanx to moderator. Brilliant effort.. !!!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 04:23:50 pm by daisy06 »

Re: Your opinion about GIGABYTE matters
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 10:23:48 pm »
Mr and Mrs Admins, I would suggest a help section, with some stickies on basic trouble shooting. I could help out if you's would like? I do it on other forums as well so it's nothing new to me. :)

You's know how to get me ;)

~Bex
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:42:04 pm by runn3R »

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 01:29:13 pm »
I am glad to find this Board. It should be listed in a more obvious way on the main GigaByte site.

Danish GGTS proved to be useless. They seem mainly to tell you that your problem is normal, so go away. This included questions about whether two units should work on the PATA interface for a P55 board and whether the floppy interface can be depended upon.

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 01:57:13 pm »
Hi David

Do you mean UK website (http://www.giga-byte.co.uk) or the other one?

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 09:40:39 pm »
I am impressed with my first Gigabyte MOBO; it's also my first build.  I, however, cannot get the MOBO to recognize my six Gigs of Mem.  I followed the hazy instructions in the manual, but the MOBO recognizes only 3 gigs instead of six or two gigs instead of four.  The manual needs help.  (The forum doesn't have enough people involved.  My questions have gone unanswered for days.  One other person had the same problem; he said he found the answer, but didn't give any details at all!)
Otherwise, I am very happy with Gigabyte.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:13:37 am by runn3R »

thx1138

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 11:13:45 pm »
Hey Runn3r, I have a couple of suggestions:

I don't know if they do it for all their boards, or if Gigabyte does it for some of own boards too, but MSI's MS-7100 came with a diagnostic array of four LEDs which lit red and green in different combinations while booting, with the purpose of indicating at what stage a boot failture occured at. It's very usefull indeed, since you're otherwise left in the dark, if the error can't be communicated by beeping.

Also, I think the Gigabyte website could be made easier to use to find products that we want, by asking a survey of questions, the answers to which can be used to narrow down the choices which comply with our requirements.

I only just received my first Gigabyte motherboard and graphics card (and mouse!) today, so maybe I'll have more to say at a late date :)
Mainboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
CPU: Intel i7 6700, Stock HSF, Undervolt Offset -0.15 V, LLC 4
RAM: Corsair LPX Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4-3000 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
Graphics: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 w/ 2GB
Sys Drive: Samsung Evo 750 SSD, 250GB
PSU: XFX TS 750W (P1-750S-NLB9)

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 02:34:31 pm »
Hi thx1138

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

About booting codes we have Debug LED, read more at:
http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/FileList/WebPage/tech_090302_technology_guide/tech_090302_technology-guide_user-friendly-1.htm (click Hardware Design there)

For example GA-P55A-UD6 is equipped with this.

Stay in touch 8)

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 12:56:59 pm »
Dear Gigabyte

Though my experience with Gigabyte is a little outdated (for this I can only apologise)

My last experience with Gigabyte is with the X38-DQ6 (so my apologies). I was the second in the UK to review the aforementioned board (right after Bit-Tech, infact it was the EXACT same board. I.E it was sent back to GBT then to me) I wrote an eleven page report for GBT-Eyes only at this time.

Some of the issues were that BIOS was extremely immature, at that time trying to install Windows Xp from the Intel controller was an impossible affair, whilst the Gigabyte (purple) Sata worked a treat.

Going back to the BIOS, at first release there was no (believe it or not there were no option to alter the GTL setting on the initial release sales bios! I beleive this feedback got back to Hunter Lee in TW)

Some of the memory strap settings were broken (improved in later BIOs, but this is intel's fault and not gigabyte =Intel had a well-documented issue with the X38 at this t ime

There was a very very minor issue in the thermal array on this board (but i now forget and cannot comment upon)

The onboard optical out for this board failed to function (however this could have been  due to a one-off situation)

Keyboard short cuts to enable extra BIOS features annoy me a little. I like everything out in the open, such as the old abit boards and DFI

In all fairness once the BIOS was sorted out (excactly 3 weeks later) I was very impressed by the overclocking and it was a worthy board.

I must apologise that my gigabyte experience is not current. However I do hope to remedy that situation.

I have however looked at the x58 UD7 series (with the water-cooled northbridge?) If I may comment on just purely looking at the online images. It appears that though this may do a great job in regards to air cooling, water cooling I feel it would lack. As the block is sitting ontop of the FINS of the heatsink, it is therefore almost useless as the block is not making MAXIMUM conctact with the MCH though transferring all the heat to the fluid. I feel that this would be a hindrance and another solution needs to be looked at...however this is just my opinion!

gilgamesh
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:59:51 pm by gilgamesh »
www.overclockerstech.com , for the best in PC water cooling and hardware news

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2010, 04:06:34 pm »
Hi gilgamesh

Thanks for your great feedback given earlier and now. Really appreciate.

I hope that you will soon have a chance to play with our new motherboards, maybe some from UD7 family.