Official GIGABYTE Forum

Your opinion about GIGABYTE matters

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Your opinion about GIGABYTE matters
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2012, 09:54:43 am »
Hi,

Obviously there are many factors that can influence the speed of an RMA procedure or even answering a technical ticket. It often depends on what office you address it to and how busy they happen to be at the time. Some times especially at certain times of the year it can be that there is a massive queue waiting to be processed. Please be patient.  ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2012, 03:21:51 pm »
gigabyte  are making poor motherboards,repairs in poland is fiction, they do not replace damaged items, they regenerate them. i had swollen capacitor and burned mospher   solution was to whip him light  with hammer.mospher was removed  painted black and  mounted again , i noticed it when it  failed again ;P   . same as for  reballing  grapchic cards gigabyte, they  just heat up  chipsets/gpu   in hotair and  its "repaired" for few days .   since got asus i  put  voltage 4Kv on gigabyte motherboard   to ffinish her

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 09:20:04 am »
i  put  voltage 4Kv on gigabyte motherboard   to ffinish her

That's a high voltage tweak. Did the increased voltage help the overclock work ?  ;D
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Thrall

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2012, 10:22:26 am »
Since my opinion apparantly matters for Gigabyte or so this thread says I will give my opinion. I have to admit that I am not much of a computer expert and most of the time when I buy or build a computer I don't really care what products I have as long as it works like I want it to.

And I also have to admit that me ending up with a Gigabyte GA-970a-UD3 board was basically pure luck as when I orded my computer prebuild from a retailer here in Norway it was orginally listed with a MSI motherboard.

But they runned out of that motherboard at the same time I orded my computer so they put this Gigabyte motherboard in the computer instead. And to be honest I would have probably not noticed which motherboard I had if it wasn't because of the fact that I ended up with a problem with a game that turned out to require a BIOS update in order for it to work.

Anyways the thing that I like about my Gigabyte GA-970a-UD3 is the fact that updating the BIOS on this board is fairly easy and quite safe. I also like the helpful people here which takes their time trying to help newbies like myself.

I also think that Gigabyte's support is also very good as I contacted their support from the UK website and to my surprise I actually got a reply in Norwegian from their support (Since it turned out there was a Norwegian guy working there which noticed my ticket) even when I wrote in English. And the support was quite good. So I am quite happy with my setup and I will certainly continue to use Gigabyte in the future.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:55:04 pm by Dark Mantis »
My specifications - PSU: Seasonic Prime 1000W - MB: Gigabyte GA-970a-ds3p - CPU: AMD FX 8350 BE - Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHz - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB GDDR5 -  HDD's: 1 TB Seagate Barracuda & Corsair SSD Force Series 3 120GB - OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. Case: Corsair Obsidian 750

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2012, 08:01:45 pm »
Hi Thrall,

I am most happy that you have found most of Gigabyte's services to be good and your motherboard is working well. It is always nice, especially on a forum where most people are complaining, when you hear from a satisfied customer. That is the only trouble with forums because most members only post when they have a problem that we see a very jaundiced view of the manufacturer and products so it is welcome to hear the opposite for a change.  ;D

+1
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:19:05 pm by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2012, 04:32:23 pm »
Hi Citadeliar2222

You have placed strong accusations in this post. Really hard to believe.
I have forwarded your case to our RMA and support center in Poland, please expect contact from their side.
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2012, 03:56:46 pm »
its not accussing as this happened to my friend.i have did  talked him  that he  have gigabyte product and that happened to him - but he wanted me to describe what happened.  dont blame me for posting this.  he was sending his mb to  RMA and wass returning  not working  - he did buy it in germany but live in poland,  he sent it to germany again and again. and repairs were good but  were working  for short time  . after one of returns after repair some components after touch just fall off MB.. good  RMA service would not do that - after these events he just decided to take mb to local repair service where they  fix all issues and MB was back to life, in fact he did had to pay for new  components as  the present  were no way to be used again.

my issue was different and i have notthing agaist  gigabyte RMA, howewer i  tried  to get  RMA help ever if pay to repair. but instead of  reanimating  i just decided to  buy another , the repair is pointless as would pay  twice  for repair while could for that price get 2 MB.
if anyone was hurt - did not wanted to do it. im sorry for that   that what happened was just true and just gave opinion not accusing

about the  "bad"   RMA ... most of  RMA services do  best to repair MB and ever check it several times before send it back all is okay .. but sometimes  can happen  bad  things and that event happened to my friend  some weeks ago .   my final opinion about gigabyte matters is  average good , howewer  they could do better  - more repair points in other cities. not just one for whole country .
=================
as for hammering/Voltage tweak was just joke.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:15:42 pm by Citadeliar2222 »

davidbec

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2012, 04:27:06 pm »
Technical support could be a little faster in responding to email sent from customers.

Still waiting for a reply to email I sent on the 11th and 13th.

I support a hotel lock solution from a company whose technical support is in Norway, and I get replies from them the next day almost all the time although when I arrive at work, they are getting ready to go home. Gigabyte Support I think is in the US.
Happy S1080 owner from Barbados

davidbec

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2012, 01:19:40 am »
Still waiting....

to think I actually got people buying the S1081, based solely on my recommendation. :(

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2012, 07:59:04 am »
Still waiting....

to think I actually got people buying the S1081, based solely on my recommendation. :(

I am sorry to hear that you haven't had your email answered by the tech guys after all this time. Sometimes that can be a bit tardy but there is no excuse for taking that long. I wonder if you tried the correct section. What address did you use to contact them ? I will see if I can check for you as to what has happened.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

davidbec

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2012, 12:59:06 pm »
Hi Dark Mantis

I sent them another email either Friday or Saturday and they have responded. So I am all set I think. They want me to send the S1080 back for evaluation.

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2012, 08:50:58 pm »
Cool, at least you are getting somewhere now. Please keep us informed of the progress though.  ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

davidbec

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2012, 08:47:26 pm »
Hi

I went to Fedex last Thursday to send the tablet back. However, fedex gave me about 5 different forms to fill out. Forms for radiation or performance testing, FCC forms, forms for importation, Tax/Customs exempt forms for repair equipment etc. The forms asked me for the country and address of manufacturer, the FCC ID, whether the tablet was exempt from FCC regulations, whether it passed performance testing based on some rules estableshed at whatever year. And if it was exempt I had to specify why. etc.... Bascially a number of questions I could not answer.

I sent an email to gigabyte asking them to send me the required forms (filled in) so that I can send the tablet. Seeing as they indicated that I would have to pay for any customs charges if they incurred any. It would make sense to me to have the forms correctly filled out.

The person responded and told me that they did not know what forms I was talkng about and that they did not send forms to customers.

So...

I filled out the forms as best I could (wrong or not) and fedex accepted them.

Not very happy right now with our US support and based on what other members have posted here as their experience. I am very worried about sending my tablet to the US for repair.

Let me give you some additional information about me.

I am A+ and MCP certified. I previously held CCNA, CCDA and CIPTES certifications. I work as an IT Specilist installing IP telephone systems, computer network equipement, and electronic locking systems in hotels. I also support windows servers installations and Windows desktop PCs. My company was a resellers for MPC/Micron PC when they were in business, we sell HP right now.

So I have dealt with the USA regularly as the phone system and PCs over the last 10 or so years are built by US companies. I also have dealt with support from China and Norway with the lock systems.

My entire work day is spent in Information Techonology.

I have become accustomed to manufacturers knowing what needs to be done when a customer request support or if the situation requires an RMA.

My phone system company sends us new phones along with shipping labels to send the faulty phones to them at their expense. MPC does the same.  On one occasion I did not have labels to ship two phones to the US because we lost them and I had the phones in my office over 6 months. I contacted the support centre  by email and they emailed me back the labels I required.

I almost never have to call any of the support centres for any of the technology products/solutions my company supports and we enjoy next day or 3 day turn around on most emails. Even to China! and Norway!!.

WHY...
is gigabyte support sooooooooooooooooooo far back.

I spent half my monthly pay ($1,750 USD) to get this tablet and the hassle I have been through and based on what other members here and expressed about what they went through. I am really really worried.

My 2 cents

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2012, 03:50:31 pm »
Hi

I am afraid that some parts of the company do seem to require some tutoring in the arts of the customer service field. It would seem that the people who you have been unlucky enough to be dealing with fall into that category.  I know it can be totally offputting to say the least and always surprises me that a company as large and multinational as Gigabyte allows this to happen. It used to really get my back up trying to do something about it but I must admit to have just come to terms with it now. The proverbial head and brick wall come to mind.

I can only suggest a strong letter to the highest management that you can find but even that is difficult as they seem to be good at keeping their heads down. There are many good guys mixed in and I have managed to find the ones over here to deal with but I can't offer any assistance Stateside I'm afraid.

Well good luck and do let us know how you get on please.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

davidbec

« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2012, 03:18:58 am »
I placed an update in the RMA nad Service thread. Since this one is more for general comments about Gigabyte.