Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-880GA-UD3H Problem with freezing with memory

GA-880GA-UD3H Problem with freezing with memory
« on: November 18, 2010, 10:42:54 am »
I have these two memory chips (Mushkin 996770 Silverline 2x4GB DDR3 PC3-10666   9-9-9-24   Stiletto) and I just built this computer with the 880GA-UD3H motherboard. The problem I'm having is that it freezes.. sometimes it happens when windows is loading and other times it happens when windows starts up and is on the desktop. I don't get a blue screen or anything, (I used to get a blue screen and then I ordered replacements for my memory) and these new memory chips just freeze up like the old ones did. I also tried updating the BIOS to F6, which didn't help. I am using Windows 7 64-bit. I tried switching the slots, (I haven't tried using just one by itself because I tried it with my old ones and they did work by themselves, just not together). When I looked on Gigabyte's website, it doesn't list Mushkin under this motherboards supported memory.. so I'm wondering... is this memory even compatible with this motherboard? Or is it a settings issue or a motherboard issue? Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:44:22 am by tawfiqmp »

jolphil

Re: GA-880GA-UD3H Problem with freezing with memory
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 01:53:25 pm »
Hi,
I suggest you read this excellent sticky post by absic..It deals with memory problems..
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2515.0.html

I hope you get this ironed out as I purchased the exact memory modules too.Don't worry that Mushkin is not on the OVL
as precious few are listed..My guess it is the memory chips themselves that is more important than brand as long as good construction practices are used..
Goodluck
jolphil

Re: GA-880GA-UD3H Problem with freezing with memory
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 09:11:05 pm »
Thanks for your help. I'll see what I can do as far as checking all the BIOS settings out and then I'll get back on this if I have any more problems.