Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA785GM-US2H windows start... crash blue screen of death

a3on

GA-MA785GM-US2H windows start... crash blue screen of death
« on: November 20, 2010, 06:29:57 am »
hi
i recently buy my phenom x2 callisto b555 but i always get this blue screen when start windows xp sp3.. runs flawless in my old athlon x2 6000+ but not this phenom help me please..
my ram is DDR2 ozc 5-5-5-15  @1.8v OZCSOE8002GK PC2 6400 , i try everything change memory dimm position load optimized defaults and not sucess..
please i like this gygabite mobo

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-MA785GM-US2H windows start... crash blue screen of death
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 10:09:55 am »
Hi,

You don't say what revision number your motherboard is or what BIOS version you are using. If you are not running the latest BIOS for your motherboard it would be a good idea to update it.

If your not sure of how to flash BIOS read this thread: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2441.0.html
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

a3on

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 02:47:08 pm »
Hi,

You don't say what revision number your motherboard is or what BIOS version you are using. If you are not running the latest BIOS for your motherboard it would be a good idea to update it.

If your not sure of how to flash BIOS read this thread: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2441.0.html
hi absic! my mobo is rev 1.3 and have the latest F11 bios.. yesterday late at night i did a fresh install of win seven x64 using another HD and everything load normal this time.. even i surf the web a little no problems so far... maybe if i reinstall win xp ?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 03:11:04 pm »
Yes, sometimes there can be problems with the install of the Operating System and if everything now seems OK you could try re-installing XP.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.