Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-E7AUM-DS2H - Aero Desktop performance is poor

GA-E7AUM-DS2H - Aero Desktop performance is poor
« on: July 09, 2009, 03:47:54 pm »
I have a new GA-E7AUM-DS2H that I am using in a Windows 7 RC1 HTPC.  I am pretty happy with the board but it is not with out it's faults.  I continue to have issues with sleep, going to, and waking up from...but the bigger issue is the terrible performance of the Nividia IGP in Windows 7 Media Center.  Menu Scrolling is painfully slow.  Hardware decoding of h.264 is fantastic.  I am using the latest Nvidia 186 drivers.  I have Dell notebook with the same 9400 Graphics chipset and menu scrolling in 7MC is fine.  What's the problem?

I had a 3 year mobo with an Nividia 8600GT that blows this chipset out of the water when it comes to 7MC menu scrolling.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 03:53:50 pm by hamiltonguy »

FluX

• Don't blame me... it worked fine b4 you touched it
Re: GA-E7AUM-DS2H - Aero Desktop performance is poor
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 03:59:54 pm »
I saw your post and I think I had a similar problem with the sleep issues with XP MCE - if its the same problem, check out this tool for easy tweaking of the standby /  sleep options  - MCE Standby Tool - MST

As for your other problem, I or someone else will have to get back to you on that one...

Re: GA-E7AUM-DS2H - Aero Desktop performance is poor
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 04:11:36 pm »
Thanks, I used MCEStandby with my previous VMC Htpc.  I wasn't sure if it worked with 7MC.  I will definitely give it a go.  Hopefully the slow menu scrolling issue will be address with a bios/firmware upgrade a driver version.   It 's really strange.  Using Media Browser in 7MC with approximately 50 movies in the library is truly painful.  It feels like it's running on a netbook.