Official GIGABYTE Forum

No video output

ljlopz

No video output
« on: December 03, 2010, 02:18:40 pm »
Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Intel Core i7 and Core i5
Cooler Master SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Storm Scout ATX/MATX/ITX Mid Tower Case
4x OCZ Technology DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Ready CL8 Dual Channel Memory Kit OCZ3BE1600C8LV4GK (Black Edition)
Gigabyte Socket AM3/AMD 880G/SATA3&USB3.0/A&V&GbE/ATX Motherboard GA-880GMA-UD2H
EVGA nVidia GeForce GT 220 1 GB DDR3 DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card 01G-P3-1226-LR
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2 GHz 6x512 KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Processor
Seagate Barracuda 7200 1.5 TB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 32MB Cache 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive ST31500341AS-Bare Drive

I have finished installing these components and everything seems to be running and I hear 1 beep from the MB speaker but no video.

I have tried two monitors with the same results.

I even tried the connection on the graphics card but still no video.  I tried inserting a USB mouse in all the USB ports on the MB to see if there was any power and there was.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.  

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 02:23:23 pm by ljlopz »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: No video output
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 02:24:55 pm »
Hi there,

what make is your monitor and how are you trying to connect it?

Initially I would probably remove the GForce Card and check to see that you are getting a signal from the PC's on-board graphics chip.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

ljlopz

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 02:28:51 pm »
Thanks for responding.

One is Samsung LED the other is HP(do you need the actual model numbers)?  They are through the analog ports although I could try the DVI/digital ports.

If I was not getting any signal from the PC's on-board graphics chip then I would think I should get it from the graphics card, right?
Also if it was the on-board graphics chip then I would have to get a RMA for it and no other way to fix it, right?

I will try removing the graphics card.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 02:32:04 pm by ljlopz »

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 02:38:50 pm »
To be honest I would have expected you to get an image from the Graphics card too but it is the first thing I would remove and check as a process of elimination. ATI and NVidia GPU's don't always play nicely together.

Usually, when I am building a PC I would put as little as possible on-board to get the PC to boot and if it has on-board graphics I would use that to make sure everything is OK before adding any other cards.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

ljlopz

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 03:23:46 pm »
Okay I will try this.

Do you think I should also remove the memory cars or at least 2 of them so I will only have 4GB instead of 8 now.  Also would it matter which slots I have them on?

I will also remove the DVD drives to get the least amount of drives connected.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 03:26:33 pm »
hey it might help to remove all the RAM but 1 stick and leave that in the slot nearest the CPU but it shouldn't really be a problem, especially as you are getting a single POST beep which would indicate that everything is OK.

I would just remove the NVidia card and try again and I would connect the monitor, in the first instance to the VGA port on the motherboard.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 03:39:28 pm by absic »

ljlopz

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 03:51:41 pm »
I forgot to mention I have a TV tuner also in... not sure if I will leave it on since I may no longer need it but I wil remove this as well.

Do you think I should go with a ATI graphic card or the one I have will work/should work just fine.  In other words will I have more benefits going with an equal value ATI card than the one I have now with this MB.

Also forgot to mention my MB revision # is 2.1 if that will help at all  :)

Oh 1 last question.   Will it matter if you are using one of those wrist bands to prevent shock?  I did not use one but installed everything without ever plugging it in or getting a shock. 

Thanks again for all your help thus far.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 03:57:52 pm by ljlopz »

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 03:56:53 pm »
You should be able to get the NVidia card working on your motherboard however, I personally prefer ATI Cards on the AMD platform as they do seem to cause a lot less problems.

I would remove the TV Card before trying again as this could be causing problems and there have been several instances where TV Cards have stopped the PCI-E X16 port(s) running properly.

ljlopz

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 04:25:32 pm »
Okay will try this... sooo  any1 looking for a Nirvada card $$$  :D

ljlopz

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 04:28:22 am »
Okay i have removed the graphics card and tv turner and 4gb of memory

I rebooted and i got the logo screen.

I pressed Y to enable AHCI mode to continue IDE mode operation and to stop showing the message.

Now it just restarts over and over with the logo screen and I dont know what else to do .

Any help will do, thanks.

ljlopz

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 05:30:18 am »
okay i may have figured it out. 

Just waiting right now for windows to load the files... it looks like i had to obviously select the boot drive where the windows were  :P
Well this is my first time soooo i think i have that much i can get away with.   ;D

Will update later if it works or not.

ljlopz

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 07:48:33 am »
All done and it is fixed but now i cant get my screen to expand to the fullest and its like a 20" instead of a 24" setting.

I will have to review the forum for more information but if you have any suggestions now please let me know.
Oh and I still have not been able to setup my graphics card since very time i insert it there is no video... any suggesions on this please let me know as well.
Thanx
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:49:32 am by ljlopz »

ljlopz

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 03:10:26 pm »
Okay I read an earlier post and fixed it via the ATI ccc tool. 

Just now have to figure out how to activate/use my graphics card with this MB.

Again any suggestions will help. ???  Thanks.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 03:19:10 pm »
Have you looked at this thread? http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,3579.15.html

Similar issue but with different motherboard and if you go down to page 2 it might give you some pointers

ljlopz

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 03:25:09 pm »
Thanks will look at it now and was just skimming through each thread to see if they had a similar problem.

Found some interesting ones so I had been side tracked a bit ;D

But will give an update later tonight when I will have a chance to play with my toy.  (Gotta go shopping with the wifey during the day ::) )
Oh I do have another question though...

How would I install my older hard drive that has all my data (bout 150GB) and is on windows XP?  I have my new one running fine on windows 7 64bit.

THanks for the help.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:27:48 pm by ljlopz »