Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-M57SLI-S4 (rev. 2.0) & Phenom 9850 Black Edition?

Paul213

Re: GA-M57SLI-S4 (rev. 2.0) & Phenom 9850 Black Edition?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 06:39:12 pm »
Thanks Andrew. I did contact Gigabyte with the problem and they kindly sent me a Bios to try. This has eliminated the Erthenet problem I had with the FHD Bios on the setup I use metioned on a previous post. But there's still a problem regarding overclocking which after some feedback I hope they can resolve.

Nice to see Gigabyte being positive about the problems some of us are experiencing.

Paul213

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 09:45:24 pm »
Well they've now replaced FHD with the FHE Bios which cures the LAN problem, but that's as far as it goes.

If I try to use the CPU Multiplyer with the FHE Bios my PC hangs at the 'Copyright Microsoft Corporation' page with loading bar, the loading bar continues to show progress but that's as far as it goes. This is with Vista Premium 64 Bit.

Their words.....
As your understanding, we are staying in OC discussion for days.

For product concern, we will check any problem that “based” on standard specification.

Even there is actually something tough matching the CPU and the motherboard by OC, to clear problem with standard spec is the point.

Please understand this because there will be no bios modification for any OC concern.

Please also check if there is any problem except OC.
So it seems Overclocking issues will not be dealt with concerning my problem. Oh well, I tried. At least the LAN problem was resolved.

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 06:26:03 pm »
Hi Paul

thanks for the info
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

Paul213

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 01:06:46 am »
Recently noticed a new bios (FHH) for this MB, as I wasn't happy with FHE bios I thought I'd update to the latest version. Didn't really notice any improvement on FHE.

So to the point, I had the power off to my PC and hub for a week while I went away, not usually a problem but when I got back and tried to connect to the internet I couldn't get a connection. After an hour or so of resetting the hub, rebooting etc without success I remembered I'd updated the bios, switched the bios back to FHE and the connection issue was fixed. So if anyone updates to FHH and you have the same problem you know what to do.

It seems there is an issue with connection problems using the FHH bios when (in my case) the BT Home Hub was switched off and then restarted.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:15:39 am by Paul213 »

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 03:58:43 pm »
There is FHJ bios available at:
http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=2539
so you may give it a try

P.S. All 3-letters bioses like FHE, FHH, FHJ are beta ones
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

RB94GT

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 04:02:48 pm »
Been searching around and found this thread. I want to put in a phenom II X3 720 BE. Just wonderindg if anyone is running the FHK bios? Havent been any post here lately. Just wondering if I'm going to be able to plug and play or are threir still any issues with the beta bios?