Official GIGABYTE Forum

Vista 64 installation on EG45M-UD2H with RAID

Vista 64 installation on EG45M-UD2H with RAID
« on: July 19, 2009, 01:34:58 am »
I just rebuillt my media workstation with a Gigabyte EG45M-UD2H motherboard replacing an Asus P5W DH Deluxe (RAID failure). I built a 4 drive array configured in RAID 5. I've created a 500 GB partition to install the OS (64 bit Vista Ultimate), but so far have been unsuccessful. I've tried the fixes offered by MS (Article ID: 925481 for example) but no luck. All drive space has been allocated, formated, and initialized. The BIOS appears to be configured correctly, but as this is a new system I may be overlooking something.

Error messages received: "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation" and "The computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk..."

NOTE: When I turn off RAID functionality Vista loads fine; so it appears that the RAID does not look like a bootable device to Vista. ???
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 02:05:14 am by attack3 »

Beekeeper

Re: Vista 64 installation on EG45M-UD2H with RAID
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 07:34:38 pm »
is RAID status "Normal" under Intel BIOS utility ?

have you loaded RAID driver during Vista installation as described in MB's manual (page 87 as i checked)? (i suppose so because you allocated the space)

pls try to search for solution or newer ICH10R driver at http://support.intel.com

do you have opportunity to try with other OS?

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”