Official GIGABYTE Forum

graphic abilities of GA-880-UD3H motherboard

graphic abilities of GA-880-UD3H motherboard
« on: December 29, 2010, 02:19:15 pm »
Hello ALL.  I'm new to Gigabyte and this forum.  Just ordered the GA-880 motherboard and not sure whether to go ahead and get a separate graphics card.  I am NOT a gamer. System will be utilized for basic word processing, photo editing, slide show presentations and also using a tv tuner card.  Will the built-in graphics on this board be enough?

Another option is to pull my GeForce NX6200TC (256 MB) from my old system and use it.  Or am I better off to get a separate graphics card completely?

Thanks for any constructive feedback you can give.

SSC

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: graphic abilities of GA-880-UD3H motherboard
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 02:30:16 pm »
Hi there and welcome to the forum,

The on-board graphics should be more than enough for what you are proposing to do with the PC. Just something to bear in mind is that using the On-board graphics chip will take some of your RAM.

On a personal note I prefer to use a separate graphics card and if you do decide to go down this route then I would suggest you look for an ATI based card. You don't need to spend a fortune on this card and a low end 5 series card will more than fit the bill.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: graphic abilities of GA-880-UD3H motherboard
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 06:11:00 pm »
Hi there and welcome to the forum,

The on-board graphics should be more than enough for what you are proposing to do with the PC. Just something to bear in mind is that using the On-board graphics chip will take some of your RAM.

On a personal note I prefer to use a separate graphics card and if you do decide to go down this route then I would suggest you look for an ATI based card. You don't need to spend a fortune on this card and a low end 5 series card will more than fit the bill.

Thanks absic!  That's exactly what I needed to hear.  I'll get going using the motherboard, and may switch over to a separate card down the road!  Thanks again!!