Official GIGABYTE Forum

This might be obvious...

This might be obvious...
« on: January 03, 2011, 02:18:42 pm »
Just a quick one guys:

If I have all the drivers installed correctly and all the right hardware, should the GA-890GPA-UD3H be able to run with Windows 7 64-bit pro?

Sorry if this is a daft question, the only thing that makes me worry is that on the Gigabyte main website, under the specifications for this board (linked at the bottom), in the notes section it mentions that there was a "Windows 32-bit limitation". So again, sorry if I'm being "noobish", just wanted to clear it up for my piece of mind.

Thanks for reading!

James Goodwin.

GA-890GPA-UD3H specification page - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3516#sp

Smitty

Re: This might be obvious...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 03:20:18 pm »
As long as you fulfill the minimum requirements for Win7 as specified on Microsoft's website, you SHOULD be able to install and run it OK on ANY motherboard.  The minimum requirements would be limited to the space needed on your hard drive to install it, the processor's speed, and amount of RAM you have.

The only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.
Lancool PC-K62, Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 Rev.2.1, AMD Phenom II 1090T, ZALMAN CNPS9900ALED, 2x Crucial 64GB RealSSD C300, 2x WD 1TB Caviar Green SATA, Sapphire Radeon HD5770 PCIe, Kingwin Lazer LZ-1000 PSU, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 03:48:30 pm »
Hi,
the Windows XP 32 limitation mentioned on the Gigabite site  is with regard to the amount of RAM that can be used. As with all 32 Bit Operating System the maximum is only 4 Gig but because of the way it is handled less than this will be shown.

This is not a problem with 64 Bit Operating Systems and there is no worry with using any version of Windows 7 on your Motherboard.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 05:06:54 pm »
Thank you guys!