Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte 3d Tv Isue vs support

hdtkid

Gigabyte 3d Tv Isue vs support
« on: January 05, 2011, 02:10:16 am »
hi everyone its only my first post here so im sorry if its in the wrong section...

firstly im from australia so please take that in to consideration wile reading this post.

I recently made a request to gigabyte support staff regarding a 3d tv display isue
basicly i use a samsung 3D tv as my one and only pc monitor being 3d enabled and having glass come with it i was asuming that with my pc having the following id be able to play 3D blu ray movies.

my pc has gigabyte GTS 450 video card, windows 7 hp 64bit, and i have the latest Power DVD 10 ultra 3D program. and its connected to the tv via HDMI 1.4 cable

i explained all this and more to the support team in particula this part of one parragraph "when trying to play the 3d Bluray disc it plays only in 2d format. (its still viewable without the glass) "

can you belive they sent this responce.....
Answer - 1022482
Answer :  Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, we suggest you to use the formal 3D bluray movie Disc and try again later. We do not suggest you to use the file or software to convert 2D into 3D movie. If there is no problem to play the 3D movie with the standard bluray Disc, we suggest you to contact with your software or file vendor for further help directly.

At last, if you still have any further question to this issue or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. If you have any issue different from original, make sure you issue a new form in order to get proper assistance and it may be response faster as well. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Best Regards,
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

is it just me or do their support staff not know how to read or something?

i have found the problem with my system, nvidia dont support my tv fully in the drivers yet. they are working on it tho.
it took gigabyte over a week to ask me one stupid question, it took nvidia live chat about 30-60min to discover my tv wasnt supported and asked me to gather the EDID for them so they can add support. and the next day i had confomation that they were working on support already and that i dont need to go buy a standalone 3D bluray player. they didnt try brush me off to cyberlink, saying its a player isue, they told me my settings were correct/incorect and what to do. in the end tho as i said it was the driver. the usa tv is supported but the australian one isnt yet.

thanks for reading i jsut wanted to share my experience with the support team of one of the biggest manafactures of pc parts in the world.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:12:23 am by hdtkid »

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Gigabyte 3d Tv Isue vs support
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 11:09:23 am »
No I am afraid it is a comment that we come across nearly every day and it is the biggest problem that Gigabyte has but trying to get them to see that is another matter.

We get a terrific amount of queries from all over the world, here on the Gigabyte UK Forum precisely for that reason. I think often it is partly to do with the language barrier at GGTS but that isn't an excuse as they should only employ people who can understand English perfectly even if it is only a section of their support staff.

As you have said the time it takes to even get a query read is well over the top and customers require a much more immediate response when they have a problem.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB