Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X38-DS4 intermittent cpu fan and no post screen ...... knackered ?

I have just acquired a   " GA-X38-DS4 "   motherboard and when I tried to install I run into a bit of a problem .
When I power up the cpu fan spins up for a couple of seconds and then stops  .....  this is a repeating process which could be normal for this board .
After that nothing seems to happen   ...   nothing on the screen  ,     no post ,   nothing.
I'm using an   Antec NEOPower 550W,      an  E7200,     tried an E 1400 as well,     ocz   6400  ddr2  ...  tried 1 gig as well as 2 and an   ATI x1050  graphics card.     I'm fearing the BIOS ...  and if it is , is it better to reset by the jumper or by removing the battery  ..... power on or off.

I'm powering the board using the 24 pin connector as well as the eight pin connector  .....   that is correct,  isn't it ?

Thanks for helping

Susan

Pottypete

Hi,
Quote (I'm fearing the BIOS ...  and if it is , is it better to reset by the jumper or by removing the battery  ..... power on or off.)
Remove power lead, remove cosmos battery, set jumper to 2 and 3,
Go and have a fag or cuppa,
I've had to leave them overnight in some cases, don't know why ???
Any beeps from Mobo?

no beeps at all

Pottypete

Hi,
Maybe thats why it was available for aquiring ::)
Sounds dead to me,
You could send it to gigabyte for repair if it's less than 3 years old! Might only cost a tenner plus postage ;D
Try it again in the morning :o
Regards

Will give it overnight to reset the bios then try it again     ..........   thanks for the help will let you know how it goes

found the problem   ........   A faulty memory stick caused the BIOS to stop responding   ......   Reset BIOS overnight and put in one stick of memory from my media pc . .........     problem solved

Thanks again

Susan    ;D ;D ;)

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Glad you got it sorted. Maybe worth running a memtest just to double check your new memory is okay
There's no place like ::1