Official GIGABYTE Forum

Do not buy 8 series gigabyte boards

dieg0

Do not buy 8 series gigabyte boards
« on: January 18, 2011, 11:52:11 am »
I tell my experience, most people are going too! I have a R2.0 UD3H 880ga in which they sell to unlock nuclei, LIE! I have a 2x2 phenom 555be c3, the label 880ga not even recognize the other two nuclei, and tested on an Asus phenom 2x2 Evo my 555be and recognize the first! , I have been sending messages to technician servivio gigabyte and do nothing but blame on AMD and the quality of their chips! The fact that the problem is Gigabyte, Asus and they recognize that perfectly! finally a shame, I when I buy a motherboard I hope that everything they say that it is working properly! And in this case advertising gigabyte unlock your system is defective cores (shown) sold smoke! And the service technician is a shame!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

jolphil

Re: Do not buy 8 series gigabyte boards
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 01:11:06 pm »
Hi,
Sorry to hear you are having problems..I think your condemnation of an entire series of boards is a bit severe..I have a 800 series board and it works just fine for what I need..Many others too..I do not doubt you are frustrated and do have a problem..
Here is What I suggest:
The people on this forum are very very knowledgeable  and helpful.. If you state your problem clearly as you can,I am sure someone will stick with you either until it is solved or no more can be done..
Thank you and goodluck,
jolphil

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:39:48 pm »
Hi,
I'm with Jolphil on this and I am running an 8 Series Motherboard which is excellent.

With regard to core unlocking yes, there is a problem but it is not confined to the series 8 motherboards and I have tested a few Gigabyte boards for core unlocking and they have all failed. I have also passed my results onto Gigabyte and I know they are looking into the problems being encountered. As with all things it can take time to resolve such issues and they are not always solved in the manner in which we would like. But, be assured it is being looked into.

My own views on Core Unlocking probably won't sit comfortably with many but it is not a given right. You cannot buy a lower spec'd processor and expect it to be unlocked successfully despite what you might feel. Gigabyte's advertising might not be the best with regard to this is it sells the motherboards with ease of unlocking as a selling point. This is where they have gone wrong, not in the motherboards that they produce. Something that you should also bear in mind is, that possibly, Gigabyte have set a higher standard for the CPU unlocking feature than other manufacturer's. There have been many successful core unlock's on Gigabyte 7 & 8 Series motherboards so they must be doing something right.

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

dieg0

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 01:40:05 pm »
Hi,
Sorry to hear you are having problems..I think your condemnation of an entire series of boards is a bit severe..I have a 800 series board and it works just fine for what I need..Many others too..I do not doubt you are frustrated and do have a problem..
Here is What I suggest:
The people on this forum are very very knowledgeable  and helpful.. If you state your problem clearly as you can,I am sure someone will stick with you either until it is solved or no more can be done..
Thank you and goodluck,
jolphil

jolphil hello, I just tell you what you get! and is a reality! While neither is unlocked and failure gigabyte! (2x2 555be + AsusEvo phenom, perfect release, 2x2 phenom UD3H 880ga 555be + nuclei hidden or read), and that the service technician is a shame too true! According to them the problem is AMD, but we must not be very smart to see that AsusEvo Unlock 555be + +880 ga 555be perfect UD3H hidden or read the nuclei so who is to blame! 1 +1 = 2 as always!

dieg0

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 01:50:43 pm »
Hi,
I'm with Jolphil on this and I am running an 8 Series Motherboard which is excellent.

With regard to core unlocking yes, there is a problem but it is not confined to the series 8 motherboards and I have tested a few Gigabyte boards for core unlocking and they have all failed. I have also passed my results onto Gigabyte and I know they are looking into the problems being encountered. As with all things it can take time to resolve such issues and they are not always solved in the manner in which we would like. But, be assured it is being looked into.

My own views on Core Unlocking probably won't sit comfortably with many but it is not a given right. You cannot buy a lower spec'd processor and expect it to be unlocked successfully despite what you might feel. Gigabyte's advertising might not be the best with regard to this is it sells the motherboards with ease of unlocking as a selling point. This is where they have gone wrong, not in the motherboards that they produce. Something that you should also bear in mind is, that possibly, Gigabyte have set a higher standard for the CPU unlocking feature than other manufacturer's. There have been many successful core unlock's on Gigabyte 7 & 8 Series motherboards so they must be doing something right.
hello absic
I do not question the quality of the plate! If your question the release of nuclei technology that is faulty! And his response is to seek for life be the fault of AMD! My 555be is released either in a Asus Evo, so that unlocks 555be well! the problama is that neither is read by 880ga! and the 7 series unblocked right! but not in the 8! I'm not the only thing that happens! The perfect read 555be the Asus board and 880ga not read them!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:55:09 pm by dieg0 »

geekyadz

• In the land of the geeks
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 09:38:58 pm »
Well if its unlocked in a different board, is there really a need to scream and shout about it not working in your 8 series board?

Just use a board it works in
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:39:29 pm by cchaos »
Nothing to see here, move along....

dieg0

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 10:35:41 pm »
Well if its unlocked in a different board, is there really a need to scream and shout about it not working in your 8 series board?

Just use a board it works in

hi the former, the latter if you like them fool you,, I do not tell you! And it's not screaming, is reporting that does not happen to anyone else! If I return the money 800ga I buy another ASUS motherboard do not hesitate! but since I do not return it because it does not happen to anyone else, I do not really have plenty of money to change the plate every 2 months if you have left you I'm happy for you! change across the platform, ram, micro, plate, power etc and the motherboard box sets clear that unlocks cores! thing is a lie, that's called false advertising! and you have to do is fix it and not AMD blames the problem is theirs and not shout so people like you say.

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 01:17:11 pm »
Hi dieg0

I will ask our Spanish branch to help you if possible.
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

Tiger

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 03:06:52 pm »
The board has a disclaimer that states * The ability of unlocking the hidden CPU cores might vary by different processors.

You might be interested in the "Core Unlocker Results" of an Asus AMD 890GX chipset motherboard where the author tried unlocking EIGHT CPU's. Of the eight, only one would not unlock.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/07/06/asus_m4a89gtd_prousb3_motherboard_review/6

Unfortunately, some CPU's just DO NOT UNLOCK.
1) GA-Z97X-Gaming 7, G3258,
2) GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1, FX-8350
3) GA-AM1M-S2P, Sempron 3850 Kabini

dieg0

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 05:58:31 pm »
The board has a disclaimer that states * The ability of unlocking the hidden CPU cores might vary by different processors.

You might be interested in the "Core Unlocker Results" of an Asus AMD 890GX chipset motherboard where the author tried unlocking EIGHT CPU's. Of the eight, only one would not unlock.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/07/06/asus_m4a89gtd_prousb3_motherboard_review/6

Unfortunately, some CPU's just DO NOT UNLOCK.

Hi, I've tried my 555be an Asus motherboard and unlock the first, and read the nuclei 880ga or hidden, and if the 7 series was the best unlocking gigabyte in 8 series have taken a step back! And I say to servivio technical and do nothing but put the blame on AMD and it is not so! or is probrem programming or the release is too strict! total nuclei AMD gives me 2 extras, and gives me gigabyte not a reliable release by any chance! and that they advertise on their motherboards, in short few cheeky!

Inigo

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 09:12:48 am »
Hi Diego,

I'm Iñigo from Spanish Gigabyte team. I'm sending you a mail with my contact data to talk about this issue and try to solve it in the best manner we can.

dieg0

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 03:31:06 pm »
Hi Diego,

I'm Iñigo from Spanish Gigabyte team. I'm sending you a mail with my contact data to talk about this issue and try to solve it in the best manner we can.

ok, thanks Iñigo, and I received your email and we will explain the ruling on the release of nuclei, I think it is a matter of rewriting the bios to not be so strict when it comes to reading the cores.

Runn3R Thanks, I'm glad someone gigabyte worry about our problems, as contact with the technical service is very bad Web THROUGH, like a broken record!just know that your AMD phenom 2x2 555be is poor, and it is not so!the 555be is of good quality, the problem is hidden core reading your release system, as in Asus Evo caught the first (and I found more people to come to this forum eh even one has had thelucky enough to return the plate and caught a Asus and unlock without problem)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:42:11 pm by dieg0 »