Official GIGABYTE Forum

ga-ma770t-ud3 build issues

ga-ma770t-ud3 build issues
« on: January 21, 2011, 04:19:33 am »
I have a GA-MA770T-UD3 Motherboard (rev 1.4 with stock BIOS) with Gskill F3-1200CL9D-4GBNQ ram (DDR3-1600)- Processor is a AMD Athlon II X4 630 Propus 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core.  Strange things with this build.  1st set of ram was bad, second set tested good at the 1.5v 9-9-9-24 timings with 2t.  Memtest 86+ says all good.  I am having trouble with system stability (XP or Win7) so much that it wont load.  All sorts of random errors.  I have replaced the motherboard, ram, video card and power supply.  Any ideas?  Bad processor?  Am I missing something?  Afraid to flash the bios due to instability of system.  System more stable with DDR3-1333 ram at 7-7-7-20 @1.64v 1t, but that ram is from another good system, hate to break one to fix another!

One more note, after changing settings in bios, sometimes it powers off with no restart.  only thing to get it back on is to turn power off for about 30 seconds then it will power on.

Thanks for the advice!  This is a very frustrating problem.  I requested RMA on cpu, but have been waiting to send it in 'cause havent seen very many bad CPU before

Wilma
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 04:23:19 am by wilmafingerdo »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: ga-ma770t-ud3 build issues
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 10:21:33 am »
Hi there,

As with the Phenom ii CPU's AMD state that the CPU only supports RAM Speeds of up to 1333MHz with the Athlon ii X4 Processors. http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/processors/athlon-ii-x2/Pages/AMD-athlon-ii-x2-processor-model-numbers-feature-comparison.aspx
By default the motherboard's BIOS will run your RAM at 1333MHz and trying to get it running faster than this is risky for your CPU.

If you have tried to run your RAM at 1600MHz then the CPU's Memory controllers may have been damaged and as you have already swapped all the other components, I would think that RMA'ing the CPU, if only to eliminate it as the possible cause of your problems, would be the best step.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: ga-ma770t-ud3 build issues
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 03:13:58 pm »
THANK YOU for the reply!  This answers my question, I was racking my brain with this problem!!!  I will see if I can exchange the ram, or will downclock it it 1333.  I should have researched the issue more.

Thanks again!

Wilma