Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA790FX-DS5 (rev. 1.0) updated to F8d now dead

GA-MA790FX-DS5 (rev. 1.0) updated to F8d now dead
« on: August 13, 2009, 09:37:04 pm »
I have had a number of issues with this board, it had been taking 30 mins plus to POST, I thought this was down to a low wattage PSU (620), and the GPU was using too much wattage (EN9800GX2), when I first purchased the motherboard I had to update the firmware to even recognise the CPU, however it's been working (with the above issues for a while. until about 3 months ago, then it started randomly rebooting for no reason, sometimes it would restart straight away, other times you could hear it POST around 30 mins after. So I updated the BIOS, I believe i was on F6. I am very very very disappointed, I have just read the compatibility list, which lists my Processor Phenom 9850 as unsupported. When I purchased this motherboard it was because it was supported. I would appreciate it if someone could help me out on this. I have taken out the GPU, removed all but 3 2 and 1 DIMMS, and installed a brand new 1000w PSU. I am sure I have now got to the bottom of my issues and it is Mainboard related.

• GA-MA790FX-DS5
  • AMD AM2+ Phenom 9850 BE
  • 4x Corsair 2048 MB 1066 RAM (I know also unsupported!)
  • Corsair 1000w modular PSU
  • EN9800GX2
  • 8 SATA drives

Pottypete

Re: GA-MA790FX-DS5 (rev. 1.0) updated to F8d now dead
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 08:20:30 pm »
Hi feknoze,
Could nothelp you in any way as you did not state your mobo info ::)
looks like it may not have been supported in the first place,
Hence why you were getting the boot problem ,
RMA it if you have found it faulty,
gigabyte guys and gals are very helpful if you have a problem,
regards