Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 - Bios backup checksum error

Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 - Bios backup checksum error
« on: August 14, 2009, 02:47:01 am »
Hi all,

This is my first Gigabyte board, and my first post.  So I just want to say thanks in advance to everyone who is online and helping people out.  I hope to give back someday, when I know a lot more about these things.  Anyhow, here is what is happening (just watch the vid):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-jURmpBuTk

So I've left a couple of things out.  At first I just got into BIOS and checked it out.  I was trying to find what speed the default memory was so I could set it to 1200.  However I never made it that far w/o it freezing.  Then I guess the BIOS got/was messed up because after a couple of POSTs to BIOS and the "normal screens" I started getting POSTs to the Dual Bios screen.  That is when I read to reset CMOS, take it down to one stick of RAM, and then try and Flash your BIOS with Qflash.  That is where I was when this video was made.  I haven't done anything from here.  Thanks all.

Sam

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 - Bios backup checksum error
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 06:51:35 pm »
Try stripping the system down to bare essentials. So take motherboard out, place on a piece of cardboard or something. Then just plug in power to motherboard, 1 stick of ram, graphics card. Everything else can be unplugged (you will have to run a screwdriver over the on/off header). Let us know if you get it to post then:)
There's no place like ::1