Official GIGABYTE Forum

HDD health monitoring on GA-E7AUM-DS2H

HDD health monitoring on GA-E7AUM-DS2H
« on: August 14, 2009, 01:55:35 am »
Hello,

Is it possible to monitor the SMART parameters on GA-E7AUM-DS2H for the drives connected to SATA ports? The conventional utilities like HD Inspector etc. don't appear to get any SMART data for the SATA drives but quite easily reports on IDE drives. I have had good experience in past from SMART warnings which gave me early enough warnings to avoid data loss. I am a bit worried now as I feel I'm in the dark about the state of my HDDs  :(. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DM

Pottypete

Re: HDD health monitoring on GA-E7AUM-DS2H
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 03:57:00 pm »
Hi
This may be what your looking for, http://www.smartcode.com/downloads/hard-drive-smart-status.html
Found by the time I got the warning it was toooooo late,
Backup now,
regards

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 09:36:29 pm »
Thank you for your reply. I have tried several utilities which can monitor SMART data. But my problem is none of them are able to show any data on any of the drives connected to the SATA ports. I am running Win 7 RC (7100) 64bit. I am using the drives in AHCI mode. Could that be the reason> The latest beta of EVEREST Ultimate edition correctly recognizes all the drives but when I select the SMART tab, nothing is shown! But its showng SMART data of my 120 GB IDE drive without any problems. I am totally baffled.  ???

Any other ideas?

By the way I do back up my data. ;)

Pottypete

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 10:48:15 pm »
Hi
I would contact Everest C/Support or the support forums and ask,
Or, contact the Win 7 forums, someone maybe able to assist,
Can't find nothing other than comments on the NFTS website,
Regards