Official GIGABYTE Forum

Won't BOOT with G110 USB Keyboard

Lokolo

Won't BOOT with G110 USB Keyboard
« on: March 01, 2011, 10:37:08 pm »
OK so this morning my computer wouldn't boot.

Turns out its my G110 USB Keyboard.

Now I cannot figure out why. Nothing has changed from yesterday to today apart from the date (.... end of February, leap year, BIOS went crazy!??).

Everytime I boot after it has crashed, the date has reset to 1st of February.

Google suggests that a lot of ASUS mobos have a problem with USB from Fullspeed and Highspeed. My BIOS does not give me this option.

When I boot with the keyboard in, it checks RAM and drives fine, but the next page a blank screen with a cursor appears, and nothing happens. I have to take keyboard out and restart. Then loads, but of course, the date is set to 1st of February.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

(Mobo is GA-MA790FXT-UD5P)

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Won't BOOT with G110 USB Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 01:24:07 pm »
Hi there,

not sure why you are experiencing this problem unless the keyboard has developed a fault. If I were facing this problem the first thing I would try is an extended clearing of CMOS. If you're not sure how to do that check here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2286.0.html

If that doesn't work then the next thing to try would be re-flashing BIOS, just in case it has become corrupted.

Another possible cause could be the motherboard battery and although I doubt it is that you could replace it with a new one, just to eliminate it is a possible cause.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.