Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA785GM-US2H, usb problems

GA-MA785GM-US2H, usb problems
« on: April 19, 2010, 03:40:51 pm »
Hi, first time poster but not new to gigabyte products.  I recently bought a GA-MA785GM-US2H mobo with an Athlon II X2 240 processor to replace my old A8N-VM CSM.  I'm running into the problem that I can't get my usb keyboard (logitech) or mouse (microsoft laser mouse 5000) to work with it.  In the setup menu I have made sure that USB keyboard/ USB mouse are 'enabled.'  I am able to get a USB mouse to work through a PS2 adapter.  I think USB works, because a thumb drive will work.  On the device manager, I'm getting the yellow question marks on 'USB optical mouse' and two called 'USB receiver,' which I assume are the keyboard and printer.  Can anyone help me remedy this problem so I don't have to RMA the board?

Thanks,
Lachlan

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-MA785GM-US2H, usb problems
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 03:57:46 pm »
Hi,

Silly question but.......

Have you installed the chipset drivers for your Mobo?

If you have, what OS are you using?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 06:15:49 pm »
Yes, chipset drivers are installed.  I have a dual boot to WinXP Pro 32 bit and Ubuntu 9.10.  The keyboard and mouse work fine in Ubuntu, it's Windows that's the problem child.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but the USB 1.1 controllers are assigned to IRQ 5, and the USB 2.0 controllers are assigned to IRQ 11 and 3. I read somewhere that USB is usually on IRQ 9, but this is assigned to an ACPI controller.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 09:42:12 pm by Lachlan »

crazycheese

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 01:12:00 pm »
Hello!

Very old reply, but might help.

You need to remove USB input devices from system and reconnect then again, once you boot XP.
Yes, every boot. They will then start to function. And do not click to install HID drivers, it may block the input completely.
And yes, linux has no problem with USB.

Cheers.