Official GIGABYTE Forum

ga-8i945pl-g motherboard no video

mike r

ga-8i945pl-g motherboard no video
« on: September 02, 2012, 03:17:45 am »
Well hello. This is my first time here. I am ok around a computer I've installed OS's , harddrives , psu's , and other minor stuff. Well one day I'm at a buddys house and he offers me a old motherboard ga-8i945pl-g with a heat sink fan and a ge force fx-5200 video card. So I think WOW this is better than my computer so I leave with the new goods. Now I know what your thinking....my real computer must be really old but its not just a old dell. See I only use the computer for music and movies and that's about it. So I need to get some new parts for this new motherboard so I head down to the local computer store and pick up a new atx case that comes with a 500 watt psu and a gig of ddr2 ram , a couple fans and a new battery. I get home install everything , I go on my other computer and download all the drivers I will need. So I go to turn on new set up and all fans and everything comes on but no video on the monitor ....so I'm kind of stuck now on what to do , any help would be great. Thanks