Official GIGABYTE Forum

Another temperature question

Another temperature question
« on: August 26, 2009, 01:13:54 am »
This is my first post here.  First time having a Gigabyte product, motherboard GA-MA790X-UD4P, coupled with a AMD Phenom II x3 720BE, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800+ memory, CPU Cooler Scythe Katana 3, Windows Vista Home Premium, etc.  Next, let me tell you guys, I'm 67 yrs old, not too computer smart, but I'm willing to learn from you folks smarter than me.

I read a lot about heat issues concerning PC's (CPU's mostly) and have to admit I understand maybe a quarter of what I read.  I know that heat is a problem, and so I have downloaded and installed Speedfan after reading about it on another forum.  Part of my readings are as follows:

Fan 1  2103 RPM   Temp 37C
Fan 2  0       RPM   Temp 44C
Fan 3  1060 RPM   Temp -14C
Fan 4  0       RPM   Temp 31C

Based on the above, is my system "healthy"?  As I said at the start, I read about heat issues, thereby I started to worry.  Now I've got some data, but I'm just not sure what it means.  Old as I am, I just want my current PC components to last as long as I do.  If something broke, my wife of the last 45 yrs would put me and the PC in the yard.  She doesn't understand spending money on it.

Thank you for any info or advice. :)

Pottypete

Re: Another temperature question
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 08:10:51 am »
Hi Bob,
About your age, my dad allways reckoned, "your only as old as the woman you feel"
Yor temps look fine, no need to worry, just make sure you got the latest speedfan version and set it to your sensors,
Lots of info on speedfan readouts on web,
Regards
Ps,. love that Fan 3 reading -14  8) Just enough to cool my gin sling  ;D

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 03:51:19 pm »
Thank you for the reply.  I'm gonna have to read up on what you said concerning the sensors and Speedfan.  I'm not sure what you mean.  Yeah, the negative number kinda amazes me.  Something inside my case is either really, really cool or really, really screwed up I guess.

Thanks again.  By the way, your dad was a smart dude.  But most of us guys this age are.  :)

Pottypete

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 04:12:29 pm »
Hi, Bob
A lot of sensors can be wildly inacurate. also the reading software,
I use my dads pin temp guage (mechanical jobby)  8)
You must be up the artic to get temps like 3,
My dad also said ( if it got wheels tits or wires it will cause trouble) ;D
Hey i'm only a year younger than you mate :-X
Regards

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 04:25:10 pm »
I'm in south Texas, have had 57 days of 100+ temperatures this summer, hottest since records have been kept on such things, so I'm opting for things being screwed up on my motherboard.  Ain't nothing in this part of the country ever been below zero.

As I said earlier, I'm gonna have to read about the sensors.  In the four temps Speedfan gives me, I'm assuming that one of them has to do with the CPU, so I'll just hope any one doesn't go too high, at least until I can get smarter.

Thanks, and take care.

Pottypete

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 04:35:15 pm »
Cheers Bob
May all your troubles, be little ones ;D
Think lucky
speedfan help on toms hardware, good read,. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-249117_13_0.html
Setup link,. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-247094_12_0.html
Regards
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 04:46:34 pm by Pottypete »

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 06:45:36 pm »
Thank you very much.