Phobya 5.25" Bay Reservoir Black Review

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Phobya 5.25" Bay Reservoir Black Review
« on: April 04, 2011, 03:56:07 pm »
Phobya 5.25" Bay Reservoir Black

by Dark Mantis

It comes in the usual Phobya cardboard box that we are used to seeing but well wrapped in foam sheeting inside to cushion it

from damage.

Once unwrapped as with all things Phobya the quality shines through straight away.It is a gleaming plexiglas single bay

reservoir made to fit into a spare single drive space.

The front is beautifully finished with a black bezel made of more plexiglas and is removeable if that was what you wanted. It

is fixed in place by four allen bolts finished in black nickel. The facia emblazoned with the Phobya name and a liquid level

scale.

On each side there are two hank bushes inlet into the plexiglas to take the included fixing bolts. The rear of the unit has

four 1/4" BSPP threaded holes clearly marked "IN" and "OUT" to use as ports. Three of these are for the entry side of the

loop and you can take your pick which is best placed to use in your system. Also supplied are two blanking caps, again

finished in black for the unused ports. If you want to light your reservoir this has been thought of as well by the clever

addition of four drilled holes of 5 mm diameter in the rear wall. These will take a standard LED interference fitted in each

hole. I did find that on my review sample the holes were a little bit tight and some heavy handedness was required to

persuade the LEDs to fit. On the top is a 3/8" BSPP threaded hole to allow filling. This is closed with a large black

finished screw plug.

Inside the chamber isn't just hollow as with many cheaper makes that you might come across. It has a clever design of baffles

that stop any air that is injected with the water to getting to the outlet port. I even tried it with a Laing 655 pump at

full throttle and it worked admirably.

Overall there is nothing to say against this product as long as the size is what you require. I award it 9/10.

Review sample supplied by CandC Central http://www.candccentral.co.uk/

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:56:59 pm by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K