Official GIGABYTE Forum

Temperature and settings question

Re: Temperature and settings question
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 06:04:27 pm »
Thanks for your reply, Tinkerer!
First of all i'm not sure if this undervolting could work for my CPU - the site you linked says it's for AMD Griffin Series Processor. But that's not the main issue. I think that the lowering of the fan speed is a feature that my motherboard offers. I want to use this feature. And i want to use it without a software made by any other than Gigabyte. I mean the official website (and the manual etc.) of my motherboard says that it is possible to lower the speed. It does not say that i need any software for it (besides theirs - for example Easytune). I'm not going to use any software or search for any other solution until i'm told by Gigabyte that it's not possible to lower the speed in my config. And the site, linked by you, says that "undervolting preserve battery life and reduce heat". My goal is to lower the speed (and by that the noise) of the fan not the temperature (it's mainly under 30 Celsius so i think it's ok).
So thanks again, but still waiting for a solution.
Should i ask the technicians again? I mean there may be a simple solution through the settings in the BIOS but i'm just not aware of it.