Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-M57SLI-S4 v.2 Bios FHh

rich44

GA-M57SLI-S4 v.2 Bios FHh
« on: August 31, 2009, 01:50:33 am »
I just upgraded my GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard with a AMD Phenom II 810 cpu and after XP installed the drivers and system bus my onboard LAN failed. Does anyone have an idea why? I have tried to release and reaquire the TCP/IP but it will not install. I suspect the new Bios has something to do with this, if you have an explanation or a idea how to fix this without using a work around please make a post here.

Pottypete

Re: GA-M57SLI-S4 v.2 Bios FHh
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 11:51:29 am »
Hi,
Can't see your cpu there,!
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=2539
This may apply!.
(NVIDIA chipset includes a LAN MAC controller which has to be paired with a LAN PHY to provide Ethernet function. This motherboard uses either Marvell’s or Realtek’s LAN PHY, LAN PHY itself does not have any drivers the chipset manufacturer provides the drivers for the Ethernet function, therefore after installing NVIDIA chipset drivers you will see “nForce Networking” under device manager.)
regards

rich44

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 01:00:03 pm »
Thanks for your input... it seems they did some updates to the bios versions removing the one I downloaded with my @Bios utility. and replaced it with one released 08.25.09. I suspect this version corrects the problem I have encountered, except my motheboard will not accept the new updated v. FHK bios for some reason. I have sent a support letter off to Gigabyte now I will wait and see what they have to say. Thanks again for taking time to help.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 05:06:30 am »
Alright Guys. I created this account for one reason... This Solution!!!

Apparently Gigabyte's @bios software likes to update to the newest version for the GA-M57SLI-S4 v2.0 as bios FHh

The problem is that this was a beta bios and does some weird things including not only making it unflashable via F8 quickflash @ boot but it also KILLS YOUR ONBOARD ETHERNET! (I literally went out and built a whole new computer years ago and am just coming around to using this old board in a data storage box and figured all this out!)

The Fix:
- Install Windows 7 x86 (64bit might not work)
- Download / Run @bios
- Download bios FG
- Run @bios and update bios from file (using the FG bios)
- Reboot

BAM! Your LAN works and you're back to normal!  Obviously don't use @bios after this. Delete it and never use it again, lol!

~Enjoy!