Questions about GIGABYTE products > Motherboards with Intel processors

Can't Install Marvell 91xx Driver- GA-P55a-UD3

<< < (3/3)

Aussie Allan:

YES!

NO!

SEE ABOVE!

All , And I mean All the information you need, to every question you have asked to date, "IS" contained in the posts above this post your reading right now..........May I suggest you take the time and re-read from your original post, right through to these words and take notes to answer all your questions.

Pierre has supplied you with the very latest, current drivers and there location......

DM has given you very sound advise and your recommended  best coarse of action with your current hardware list..........

Aussie Allan (I) have done my best to explain to you that "It is what it is" .........One last time!......forget full speed 6G on those ports! it aint gunna happen for you this time ! (Or for me for that matter) ..... forget about the drivers even........your hard drives will still connect and be recognised by the operating system and give fair to good performance (Even on the Marvell ports)............If your after just better speed, you may want to consider SSD.........if your after read and write speeds surpassing SATA II and even III you might want to look at a PCI-X type Drive. I have a Revodrive x2 and enjoy 600+gb/s write and 800+gb/s read........I gave up beating myself up over 6G a month ago and my dog and I are on talking terms again.........hope this helps.

Aussie Allan

vienna01:

As I said: I did not[still do not] understand the effect of "communicating with the system THROUGH the Marvell controller". I'm guessing that means the GSAT3 ports DO work as SATA2 under WIN 7. So if I connect a SSD  to the GSATA3 ports they work up to 3Gb/s. I guess it will be awhile before even SSDs really need 6Gb/s.

FYI. I was not focused on super high throughput. My system is not all that fast. I only wanted to know I COULD get the advertised advantages of SATA3 on my mb.
It was foolish of me to expect that the controller that Gigabyte first shipped more than a year ago might not still work. I believe in the Easter Bunny too.

Thanks for everyones' help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version