Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA770T-UD3 rear audio - aux inputs not working

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-MA770T-UD3 rear audio - aux inputs not working
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 08:47:50 am »
Hi John,

I'm not sure why you're having this problem with using Passport so I have contacted runn3R on your behalf as he works for Gigabyte and is the one who will be able to find out what's going on.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

johntee

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 09:49:11 am »
Hello again absic,

Wow !! What a generous person you are, your efforts are truly exemplary,  thank you so much.

I look forward to hearing why I cannot connect to Gigabyte, and of course whether they were able to throw any light on my motherboard audio input 'problem'.

Have a great week-end,

Kindest regards,

John in the UK

johntee

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 06:07:45 pm »
Hello absic & friends,

I've now received a reply from Gigabyte thanks to absic' efforts........ thank you. It seems I have my work cut out once again. I intend to wipe my hard-drive again and start afresh whilst carrying out their recommendations to the letter and as detailed below:-

"What is the standard operation procedure of HD audio driver installation under WINXP?"

Before installing HD audio codec driver please make sure Win XP has been updated with Service Pack. If Service Pack has not yet been installed, please try install service pack through Windows Update.
Please make sure service pack and patches are properly installed. If SP1 or SP2 has already been installed, kindly make sure that the system is not overclocked and also that onboard HD audio codec works at default settings.

Follow by inserting the driver CD's which is provided with the motherboard, when prompted with a pop-up box please select "Xpress Install" on the top right corner to install all the necessary drivers.

If you want to manually install the HD audio drivers then you will have to firstly download the Microsoft UAA Bus driver and install it. After you restart the system please check the model of your onboard HD audio codec, and download the matching audio drivers for installation. After the mentioned procedures are done the onboard audio should work accordingly.

If SP3 has already been installed, kindly download ths latest HD audio drivers from GIGABYTE's or audio chip vender's website to install directly. ( PS: When installing older HD audio drivers on Win XP with SP3, system may appear a message which is about Microsoft UAA Bus driver isn't been installed yet. Please use the ths latest HD audio drivers to install. )

The following links are drivers for different audio codecs:

Microsoft UAA Bus Driver:
Click Here http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileList/Driver/motherboard_driver_audio_microsoft_bus.exe

Realtek HD Audio driver:
Click Here http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileList/Driver/motherboard_driver_audio_realtek_azalia.exe

VIA HD Audio driver:
Click Herehttp://download.gigabyte.asia/FileList/Driver/motherboard_driver_audio_via_hd_vista_beta.exe

C-Media Aduio driver:
Click Here
http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileList/Driver/motherboard_driver_audio_cmedia_azalia.exe

I can only hope that these procedures will initiate the onboard Realtek audio into full functionality. :)

I will of course feed back my results in a few days. Thank you once again,

John in the UK

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 06:45:30 pm »
Hi John,

pleased you have got a reply and a possible solution to the problem even if it does mean a clean install of the OS again.

Please let us know how it goes good or bad.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 09:20:44 am by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.