Official GIGABYTE Forum

ep45-ds5 windows 7 power management error

ep45-ds5 windows 7 power management error
« on: August 25, 2009, 05:48:55 pm »
Hello to all, i have an ep45-ds5 mobo and Windows 7 x64 ultimate installed. I get the following error

Source: Kernel-Processor-Power
Eventid:  34
Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.

The error is registered 4 times in the system event log (one for each core). I experimented with  power management settings in BIOS and disabling C4/C4E state, resolves the error. Where can i post this or e-mail so that gigabyte sees it and make a new BIOS version that addresses this problem on my motherboard?

Thanks

Pottypete

Re: ep45-ds5 windows 7 power management error
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 06:41:10 pm »
Hi,
Tech support site found here,
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/ServiceCenter.aspx
regards

Pottypete

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 09:36:46 am »
Hi,
Check out this link to technet microsoft,
It seems that it may be a buggy sp1 update,as others are reporting a simular problem,
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistasp/thread/51207cfd-f5b6-4541-851d-783f9e8da0bb/#3087851
Regards

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 11:46:51 pm »
i checked it but it refers to windows vista, i have windows 7 x64. Anyway i sent a support ticket to gigabyte and here is what they replied:
 "Windows 7 is still developing and not released in the market yet, thus we can not guarantee the system can work properly with Windows 7 OS, and most of the chipset vendor havn't release suitable driver for this OS, so currently we do not have driver available for this OS. We suggest you to test with other version like Windows XP or Vista and see if the problem still remains. Sorry for the inconvenience."

So i'll have to wait for a bios update i think, hopefully they'll be looking into it since other users have reported the same error on their  win7 installations...