Official GIGABYTE Forum

MA785GM-US2H Board Not Detecting Added Video Card. Help!

MA785GM-US2H Board Not Detecting Added Video Card. Help!
« on: September 08, 2009, 06:53:27 am »
Just got a new Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H Motherboard. I put everything together and it is not detecting my added video card. The computer (and video) works because video is running off of the onboard video chip. My video card is an XFX GeForce 9600 GSO with 1g of on-card memory. I don't understand why the motherboard isn't detecting the card. Aren't Gigabyte boards supposed to auto-detect added cards? Some points of clarification:

1) Yes, the video card is inserted correctly, in the PCI-E 2.0 Slot.

2) The XFX card doesn't not show up in Device Manager under Display Adapters like it should. Here it says "ATI Radeon HD 4200" which is the onboard video.

3) In the BIOS, as far as video sequence, I selected the PCI-E slot first, followed by the onboard.

4) I know the XFX card is getting power through the PCI-E slot because its fan is spinning.

Well, as should be clear by now, I need help! I don't know if I need to update the motherboard drivers, or the motherboard BIOS, or if the board doesn't support this particular card, or if I need to return the board because the PCI-E slot doesn't work properly.

I can't update or even add the drivers for the XFX video card because when I put in the disk to do it, it says that another video devices drivers are already being used (the onboard video) and says to go to NVIDIAs website and download updates to those particular drivers, which, of course, is no help at all.

Anyway...any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:11:16 am by gottaknow »

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Re: MA785GM-US2H Board Not Detecting Added Video Card. Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:01:28 am »
Hi

have you tried with different add-on VGA card ?
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)