Official GIGABYTE Forum

MA78LMT-S2 Problems Please Help

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: MA78LMT-S2 Problems Please Help
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 03:36:17 pm »
So Im sick of it... Recommend me a board... Im going to get a complete new one... I just want something that will 100% work...

Sadly there is no guarantee that any motherboard will work once you add variables such as RAM, GPU, Power Supplies etc into the equation.

But, if you are looking to stick with your current component list then you might like to look at this board: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3632#ov I've used this in 6 builds and not encountered any issues with them. However I should add that I use Corsair RAM in my builds and ATI Graphics cards, also I use a power supply of at least 550 Watts minimum.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:45:21 pm by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Aussie Allan

• A yoyo uses all three fundermental laws of phisics
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 04:58:03 pm »

Absic.....I luv ya man!

I also love taking things out of context.........."no guarantee that any motherboard will work once you add variables such as RAM,GPU".........

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah This statement should get you heaps of free boards ;) 

Even runn3R would be slapping his forehead saying "DOOH"   But I'm sure every one gets what your saying really!........It can mean the difference between a Ferrari and a  Billy-cart when you try and match your components to the board you have your heart set on .... and as Absic stated there is a few configuration generators out there if you have a good Google hunt......some  cover just a few components..some more.

I think everybody that has added to this post/thread has made a worthwhile contribution.

Aussie Allan.....this Forum is fun........Hope you understand , Dry Aussie Humour! ;D

i7-4790K @4.8GHz 24/7 water clock
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage
C: Evo 970 Pro 512gb
Scratch:Evo 970 Plus 512gb

stildawn

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 09:45:48 pm »
Thanks Absic... That board looks a little expensive and has things I know we wont use...

How does it compare to these boards I found:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3833#ov
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3475#sp

I dont care about features... He doesnt need fancy features, multiple ram slots, multiple PCIE or Overclocking ability... Im just after something that will work and is slightly over what is required by the 125w AMD CPU...

Ive been reading around and I think what I need is a decent quality 4+1 phase... Are all Gigabyte 4+1 phases the same? Like would the phase on your suggested board be the same as the two I listed?

Thanks

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 08:27:15 am »
I haven't used either of these boards but they should both do the job.

Personally, as you are not after all the bells and whistles, I would probably go for the GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1), especially if you can get hold of one of the Rev 3.1 versions as that is sporting the AM3+ socket which may offer a better up-grade path in the future.

All of the boards we have been discussing carry the same 4+1 phase design

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.