Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3 rev3.1
G.skill  F3-12800CL7D-8GBRH (2x4GB)
CoolerMaster GeminII CPU Cooler
Antec TruePower New 650W
WD Caviar Black 1TB(WD1002FAEX)x2
Samsung Blu Ray Sata Drive(SH-123/BSBP)
CoolerMaster 360 Elite Mid Tower

Hello to All,

I have been having a number of problems with different WD USB 3.0 External Hard Drives in the USB 3.0 ports on this

motherboard.

In Windows 7 all three drives will:

Disappear while copying large files to one another.

Disappear while copying large files to and from the C drive.

Not appear on start up. (Will sometimes reappear when reinserting plug to port)   

Not maintain USB 3.0 Speeds on successful file transfers.

Not sleep when computer is off.

The Drives are My Book Essential 3TB (WDBACW0030HBK-NESN), My Book Essential 1TB (WDBACW0010HBK-NESN)

and My Passport 1TB(WDBACX0010BBK-NESN).

The BIOS is up to date and I have reinstalled the drivers for the Etron USB 3.0 Chipset.

All drives work perfectly in any and all USB 2.0 ports.

Has anyone heard of this or had similar issues.

Thank You

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: 880 GMA-USB3 Issues with USB 3.0
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 05:07:33 pm »
Hiello,

there does seem to be several users across both AMD and Intel platforms that are encountering issues with USB3 and there doesn't seem to be any resolution to the issues.

The problem is also made a little harder in your case, as you are running one of the new AM3+ socket boards which are only just becoming available on this side of the pond so there is not much feedback yet regarding any issues.

The best advice I can offer is that you should contact  Tech Support here: http://ggts.gigabyte.com/tech.asp?ClassID=2&Country=U.S.A.&SourceWeb=B2C and see if they can help you resolve this. Please be patient though, as it can take a few days before you will even get a response.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.