Official GIGABYTE Forum

Where's my rma # ?

KarenD

Where's my rma # ?
« on: June 10, 2011, 05:49:33 pm »
A RMA request was sent through http://rma.gigabyte.us/DirectRMA/EndUser_Main.asp on 6-2 with no response other than the automated one.

**Dear Customer,

This email is to confirm that we received your request A107301 for 1 pcs.
Your request is under approval right now. We will issue a RMA number within 2 business days.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Gigabyte Inc.
Customer Service Center **

So what exactly is taking so long?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Where's my rma # ?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 06:59:20 pm »
Sorry but I don't know. This forum is UK based and doesn't actually deal with the RMA process in the USA.
Not much help and I can understand your frustration all you can do is try contacting Gigabyte in your area again.  :-\
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Aussie Allan

• A yoyo uses all three fundermental laws of phisics
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 08:21:25 pm »

For what it's worth.......If any business is willing to commit and state 2 business days for a response, respond in kind in 3.....

My SOP is to be somewhat formal , concise and above all, no matter how frustrating,... polite........this will make you look like the "Good Guy" every time and can pay dividends big time !

Another one is when you start talking/corresponding with a real, breathing person, keep them engaged, and use there name often, they will either bend over backwards to help you ,.... or bend over backwards to give you what you want to get rid of you ;)

I have no experience with Gigabyte RMA/USA or what ever there normal lead time is, ...But this will give you the best chance , especially if the RMA is border line......It's far harder for a large corporations to deny a border-line RMA if the customer has been courteous one right through the process.

Two year ago a new 15" laptop with a cracked chassis was returned to the E-tailer....I got the unrepairable laptop returned with a form letter 4 days later denying any liability...........7 weeks later and probably 40 emails.......I had a New 17" laptop, a bag, a mouse, and 4 yrs of warranty.

And a new Friend ..............Aussie Allan 
i7-4790K @4.8GHz 24/7 water clock
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage
C: Evo 970 Pro 512gb
Scratch:Evo 970 Plus 512gb

KarenD

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 08:56:37 pm »
Sorry but I don't know. This forum is UK based and doesn't actually deal with the RMA process in the USA.
Not much help and I can understand your frustration all you can do is try contacting Gigabyte in your area again.  :-\

So this is not an "official gigabyte forum" in all respects,but a "official gigabyte forum for the uk."

I'm aware of the .uk in the web address,but mislead by the official part.
Perhaps a change in that respect is in order.

Aussie Allan

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 09:13:24 pm »

So do you feel you miss read or do you feel you've been miss led  :o

There ALL official Giga Forums.......There's several from my understanding,  and unless you speak several languages you, like myself will be limited to the English speaking ones.

The UK forum Has experienced exponential growth of late, My view is it's related to the core group that monitor and helps 24/7......Totally unpaid I might add and to a big part the hands on knowledge base that this group share willingly.

As far as RMA to Gigabyte..........We are ALL in the same boat as you!....Hope this helps.

Aussie Allan
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage

KarenD

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 09:21:33 pm »

For what it's worth.......If any business is willing to commit and state 2 business days for a response, respond in kind in 3.....

My SOP is to be somewhat formal , concise and above all, no matter how frustrating,... polite........this will make you look like the "Good Guy" every time and can pay dividends big time !

Another one is when you start talking/corresponding with a real, breathing person, keep them engaged, and use there name often, they will either bend over backwards to help you ,.... or bend over backwards to give you what you want to get rid of you ;)

I have no experience with Gigabyte RMA/USA or what ever there normal lead time is, ...But this will give you the best chance , especially if the RMA is border line......It's far harder for a large corporations to deny a border-line RMA if the customer has been courteous one right through the process.

Two year ago a new 15" laptop with a cracked chassis was returned to the E-tailer....I got the unrepairable laptop returned with a form letter 4 days later denying any liability...........7 weeks later and probably 40 emails.......I had a New 17" laptop, a bag, a mouse, and 4 yrs of warranty.

And a new Friend ..............Aussie Allan 

Kissing a** after I paid government printed FRN's is not in my repertoire.Honoring a warranty and practicing what they state is good business.Poor customer service and/or fraud will land a company bankrupt.Unless your GM or the like,than with the help of government,fleece the taxpayers to the tune of billions...

I'll keep at it though,thank you for your time.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 09:26:58 pm »
Hi

Allan has certainly given good general advice about dealing with RMA and technical services. Usually stand you in good stead.

This forum is an official Gigabyte Forum and run by them although only fairly loosly. It is a Gigabyte UK Forum and other countries do have their own to contact. We don't have a problem at all with other regions posting on here but obviously we are limited in our knowledge and weight we can bring to bare in other countries. You do have TweakTown in the States that is the Gigabyte Forum over there.

I hope that has at least made the situation clearer for you. I can assure you that nobody is trying to mislead anyone. ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 09:28:53 pm by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

KarenD

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 09:40:45 pm »
So many "funny" people on this forum over a misuse of a word.I wonder if it's the fluoride,corn syrup or genetics.

Sorry but I don't find my predicament that amusing.

I will try other channels for answers,thanks for all the "help"

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 09:44:02 pm »
Well I wish you luck and can't really see what you are complaining about. Everybody has treated you curtiously and tried to help. I think it was Abe Lincoln who coined the phrase" You can't keep all of the people....."
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Aussie Allan

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 10:08:19 pm »
So many "funny" people on this forum over a misuse of a word.I wonder if it's the fluoride,corn syrup or genetics.

Sorry but I don't find my predicament that amusing.

I will try other channels for answers,thanks for all the "help"

Well you certainly have no problems using the Basics of the English language to insult every one you came into contact with on this forum... and the UK for that matter.......may I suggest you use something you feel more comfortable with to effect your RMA ........A baseball bat springs to mind.

Aussie Allan
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 10:18:43 pm »
That is the thing Allan you can bend over backwards to try and help some people but to no avail. A certain percentage, luckily small, only like to offer abuse and for no reason, but tis the way of the world. Don't let them get to you, I certainly wont.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Aussie Allan

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 10:27:20 pm »

I'm fine!......and getting better at not sending my " PC Destroyer Worm" back to there IP address.......Karma finds em in the end!

Aussie Allan
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage

KarenD

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 11:19:40 pm »
Well I wish you luck and can't really see what you are complaining about. Everybody has treated you curtiously and tried to help. I think it was Abe Lincoln who coined the phrase" You can't keep all of the people....."

I was content to let this thread die,but after seeing a lincoln quote I'm curious to know the rest of it.

If your going to use mass murdering lincolns "words",feel free to use hitler,stalin or pol pot as well.

My objection was/is stated regarding the "official" part in all areas,and I simply said that perhaps it should be changed to "official uk gigabyte forum."
Obviously,those in the uk will benefit tremendously more then someone from the u.s.

Some replies were of a mocking tone.Is that the practice of a "official GIGA-BYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD forum?"

KarenD

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 11:40:25 pm »

I'm fine!......and getting better at not sending my " PC Destroyer Worm" back to there IP address.......Karma finds em in the end!

Aussie Allan

So mere words will make you take aggressive actions on another individual?
I did not threaten you with physical violence on your person or property,but yet I'm the one that should be grateful that Aussie Allan did not unleash his "PC Destroyer Worm" because he may have been insulted.

So are you the "official" strongman of GIGA-BYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD or just the "official" thug of this forum?

I stand by what I wrote,but my intent,as you tried to imply,was not to condemn all the people of the uk.Just something to ponder of those in a almost constant state of giddiness.

Aussie Allan

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 12:21:17 am »
  Quotes and answers!

I was content to let this thread die,  (That very big of you )  but after seeing a lincoln quote I'm curious to know the rest of it.

Answer) Well  If you Don't know your own history.......DMs phrase of   " You can't keep all of the people....."  refers to "you can keep most of the people happy most of the time, but you can't keep everybody happy all the time"

"If your going to use mass murdering lincolns "words",feel free to use hitler,stalin or pol pot as well".

Answer)  Is this a trick question, and your American , ... Right :-X ... from let me guess.....the south....Bingo!

My objection was/is stated regarding the "official" part in all areas,and I simply said that perhaps it should be changed to "official uk gigabyte forum."

Answer)   you know, .... I'm starting to come round to your thinking Here!....I think there might be a conspiracy going on!

Some replies were of a mocking tone.Is that the practice of a "official GIGA-BYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD forum?"

Answer) It took you an hour to work this one out!.......and  No, we don't need any practice  ....  I do think your the kettle calling the  pot black.......Mmmmmmmm ...are you a lawyer with an axe to grind :-X

Look all Humour aside, you came to us with a problem, ... you supplied next to no information, we answered your questions the best we could have under the circumstances........Hell, we don't even know what item your trying to RMA except 1 PIECE

Obviously,those in the uk will benefit tremendously more then someone from the u.s.

Answer) uuuuuuuuuuuuuur! how exactly?.....Going back to your original question, why are you trying to RMA to Gigabyte independently .....this should be the job of the retailer you purchased the 1pcs from....  ::)....... if you put half the effort into the RMA as you have chasing me , .... your 1 pcs might be 2 pcs by now

Aussie Allan....Good luck Jim!

Aussie Allan

MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone