Official GIGABYTE Forum

newbie question; how to update drivers using flash drive

newbie question; how to update drivers using flash drive
« on: June 14, 2011, 05:46:30 pm »
i am about to build my first system using a GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 board. however i have some anxiety about how to setup the bios and then updating the drivers using a flash drive; any help or suggestions would be appreciated! i have also watched a few you tube videos on how to set up the bios, put the instructors move through the screens so fast that its hard to understand what they are doing.

thanks.

dave.

Aussie Allan

• A yoyo uses all three fundermental laws of phisics
Re: newbie question; how to update drivers using flash drive
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 07:13:15 pm »

"Bears in the woods"

Don't knock your self out changing too much before you even get it powered up......the bios that is shipped with the board will be fine as will the driver self installer disc that ships with your board........these are more then good enough to get things kick started.......if you start effecting changes off the bat, you could get lost ........ this would also be a nightmare for anyone on the forum to trouble shoot because the board has not even been powered up and you've already made changes..........Above all read your manual..........Properly!

Get the system up and stable...........then start the update dance.

Aussie Allan
i7-4790K @4.8GHz 24/7 water clock
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage